Liam Gallagher suggests Oasis reunion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Madrid, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Madrid

Madrid Forum Resident Thread Starter

There have always been rumours that this will happen but this time it is Liam specifically suggesting it.

Definitely, maybe: Liam Gallagher urges Noel to consider Oasis reunion

Quite surprising considering his recent solo success and I wonder why he is angling for this now.

Will Noel agree and will it happen? I am skeptical but I am sure they would get a huge amount of money thrown at them to do it, especially in the UK.

2. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

I'd put very short odds on them headlining Glastonbury, even though all three headliners are supposedly in place.

3. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I don't want them to reunite. Both of them are having great solo careers right now and they don't need each other.

Plus I think Noel has made it very clear over the years that he never wants to reunite.

4. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Because he wants the money, why else would he want to do it?
    I can't believe there is a single Oasis fan in the entire world who doesn't believe that they will reform.
    If you had to sum up the band in one word it would be predictable.

5. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Saw Oasis maybe 9-10 times over the years, dating back to Earls Court in 1995. They were never more than OK as a live band.

The recent Noel Gallagher show I saw in May trumped every Oasis give that I’ve seen - and I didn’t really rate his last solo record...

6. Odysseus

Odysseus Forum Resident

Meh... when the group broke up in 2009 it was actually a relief cuz they'd been running on fumes for about a decade at that point.

We could all live just fine if Oasis never reunited. Let's let the past stay in the past.

Dodoz, Deacon Blues, DrBeatle and 8 others like this.
  7. gary191265

Problem is, there's a whole generation of kids in the UK that love Oasis and never got to see them live.

8. Odysseus

Odysseus Forum Resident

That's a super weak reason... who cares about seeing Oasis live? I'm sure that any kid who didn't get the chance to see Oasis live will be just fine.

Generations of kids never got to see Led Zeppelin live and the world hasn't fallen apart. The same will go for not seeing Oasis live.

Dodoz, Deacon Blues, sami and 11 others like this.
  9. Madrid

Agree that the last few albums were disappointing but the initial fire of the first two were amazing and, in the UK at least, between 95 and 97 they were the biggest thing around. I am sure if they did reunite for a few concerts it would be very successful, at least in their home country where there is a lot of appetite for them still.

10. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

I would love another studio album that is for sure. Make a great album and go on tour with four new songs that are best from album and play the hits with some swollen hand blues type tracks in the mix for good measure. Could be fun to see them in the states I never got a chance.

11. Madrid

Wonder which band they would use for a reunion - the original Bonehead and Guigsy one (classic lineup but musically limited and think those guys retired because of the pressure) or the more professional latter day Gem and Andy Bell lineup. Those two were clearly better technically and contributed songs to the band but coincidence with their diminishing success in the last years.

Hep Alien likes this.
  12. gary191265

I don't think you quite understand how Oasis are viewed in the UK.

13. Madrid

They are still huge in the UK although I guess that never translated abroad and especially not to the States.

Liam suggesting this is big news in the UK and has got a lot of people in full on Oasis nostalgia mode. For a lot of people in their 30s and 40s Oasis was the soundtrack to their youth so a reunion would be guaranteed to have a huge interest.

The_Windmill and 905 like this.
  14. RoryMcBride

RoryMcBride Forum Resident

"I forgive you now let's get the BIG O back together"

He wants to put Roy Orbison back together? First the hologram and now this. Let the man RIP.

15. Odysseus

Odysseus Forum Resident

By the strictest of definitions, no, I don't understand how Oasis is viewed in the UK. And not being a Britisher myself I will never know... and quite frankly I'm ok with that.

That being said my original point still stands. There's no inherent need for any generation to have to see a particular group live. We live in an area of video recordings and YouTube. While it does not fully compensate for the live experience, kids can get the idea and maybe go see newer groups from their own respective generation(s) live. There's no need to be a slave to the past.

Rhett and TheLoveDrags like this.
  16. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Please no......however we all know its inevitable at some point.....just look at the zillions Guns N Roses have made, and they couldn't be bothered full reforming

17. Django

Django Forum Resident

Liam: " Noel you horrible F****** little B******* C*** F******* P****. How about getting the band back together? "

18. Madrid

Maybe it's Liam's accountant who suggested it to him.

Dodoz, ODShowtime, giumag and 10 others like this.
  19. SteveS1

SteveS1 Forum Resident

If the Beatles influence is consistent, they should never go back. Maybe Liam has burned through too much cash.

20. Margrave

Margrave I'll Give It 5

21. Jem

Jem Forum Resident

Liam is calling for it precisely because of his recent solo success. Look brother I can do it as well ...

California Couple likes this.
  22. Oh, it'll happen eventually, even if just as a one-off. The money would be too good to resist forever, the key members aren't relentlessly forward-looking, and bad blood between volatile siblings hasn't kept other bands apart permanently. I mean, we're not talking the Jam or the Smiths here.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  23. Margrave

Margrave I'll Give It 5

He's just finishing off his new album .

24. Madrid

Just read that Bonehead has been playing with Liam Gallagher so if a reunion happened he would surely be involved. Not sure who would be on bass though as Guigsy disappeared and Andy Bell is back with Ride.

Hep Alien likes this.
  25. 9 Volt

9 Volt That cat's something I can't explain

Mark my words: An Oasis reunion will never happen. Until it happens.

Eddiesomer, Odysseus, giumag and 4 others like this.