Liam Gallagher's first solo album "As You Were" released 10/6/17

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by George P, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

It's definitely not Noel, who's put out three consistently solid-to-great records and played 400 shows without cancelling a single one. He seems happier than he's ever been, and as long as his career is successful, what incentive would he have for going back to his little brother's drama?

I wanted to like Liam's album when it came out, and it's decent, but I haven't felt much need to revisit it in the last year, whereas I still really enjoy Who Built The Moon. I guess if Liam actually booked a more extensive tour and played a show here, I'd have more incentive to spend some time with it, but he'll never get it together enough to play US dates outside the 10 or so major markets, I don't think.

2. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

This is very much me. WBTM has aged very well, and I find myself still really enjoying it now. I can’t remember when I last played AYW.

Favre508 and walrus like this.
  3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Nothing unusual I can recall. He led the crowd in a cheering contest to determine whether the last song should be “Wonderwall” or “Live Forever”. “Wonderwall” won easily.

Ha ha. It’s glamorous, but not as extravagant as it sounds. Every September, I spend a three-day weekend in Singapore to see the F1 Grand Prix and the related concerts. Friends and I buy the cheapest ticket (around $200). It’s the best entertainment bargain in the world - they block off a huge area downtown and run the night race through the middle of the city. All the shows are within the race area and are free for ticket holders - this year, I saw Liam, the Killers, Martin Garrix (EDM), Dua Lipa and the Sugarhill Gang. I missed Simply Red.

Air travel within Asia and hotels are cheap if you book in advance. Highly recommended for race fans who live in Asia.

DaverJ and alexpop like this.
  4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

LG's -New album should be out for Xmas.
    Pretty Green ( in anticipation of 50th Beatles album no doubt) has a White Album themed clothes range.

5. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Forget Liam, Noel should patch things up with Damon Albarn, and be on the next Gorillaz album...Oasis and Blur convene!

But seriously, Noel's solo career has more potential for being exploratory and interesting than another round with Oasis.

I hope Noel puts out the Amorphous Androgynous collaboration record that he found "in his sock drawer" recently ha.

WBTM seems to have opened him up to breaking his "formula" and I hope he does that more and collaborates with other producers and artists along the way.

FJFP likes this.
  6. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

That already happened

7. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Funnily enough, it just clicked : Liam sounds more like Dylan singing "Slow Train Coming" songs, than Lennon!

8. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

Very good, I will look for you on the television when they show the race.
    I have seen the Grand Prix before firsthand in Long Beach when they did real F1 there in the early 80's. Very loud.

9. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

He might start recording demos before Christmas.

FJFP likes this.
  10. alexpop

Pretty Green methinks. :D

11. Django

Django Forum Resident

Shirts | Pretty Green

Some nice shirts on the pretty green site but the prices are ridiculous. I know Liam needs the cash but come on.... They're probably made in a sweat shop for pennies.

alexpop likes this.
  12. alexpop

Maybe that's why their expensive, paid good money to get them made. :)

13. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

FJFP, Favre508 and crossroads69 like this.
  14. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Wait what? What song?

15. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

"We Got The Power" from Humanz.

16. alexpop

Still sounds great a year on, c l a s s i c.

As You Were

Carl80 and Centurion like this.
  17. Margrave

Margrave I'll Give It 5

Excellent album has had more plays here over the last year than Noel's.
    Looking forward to the new one.

18. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I played both As You Were & Who Built The Moon yesterday and both still sound good. However, while AYW has more immediate impact on release, it feels bit stale now.....where WBTM has actually grown on me over time! Some great tracks on there underneath that new sound :)

Looking forward to next set from the brothers!

Carl80 and FJFP like this.
  19. alexpop

Wasn't aware Jason Falkner plays bass on Noel's album.

20. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Yeah, it took me some time to get in there....especially coming from Chasing Yesterday but now I love it! Watched Noel at Greenwich Music Time earlier this summer and the tracks came out great live as well.

21. alexpop

Happy Birthday Liam.

:edthumbs: :cheers:

PhantomStranger likes this.
  22. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Carl80 likes this.
  23. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

Okay, it’s kinda cool, but extremely over priced and pointless. If there’s one thing that sums up Liam’s solo experiment, it’s “Cash-Grab”.

bob60, SoundDoctor and Man at C&A like this.
  24. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

25. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

What an absolute rip off.

bob60, SoundDoctor and Sis+erRay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.