Lift Lock Jewel CD Cases and MoFi

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mwheelerk, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

Yep, they were actually packaged really well. They arrived in a cardboard box that fit a dozen perfectly, and that box was put inside a larger box filled with packing peanuts. A few had cracks, but I've yet to email them about it for replacements. Still, even with the damaged ones, the price is a whole lot better than eBay.

2. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

Good to hear that they're well packaged. I've got a dozen on the way, as well. I'll post their condition once I receive them. Fingers crossed!

3. visprashyana

visprashyana New Member

Maybe they were saying it because it was true? You don't think they have a really good idea how to buy ten of thousands of them?

If they were really available, why are they so hard to find? Why did they go through the roof in price on eBay? Somehow because you find some somewhere, that somehow proves that the earlier statement from MFSL isn't true?

4. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music... Thread Starter

Didn't Think

I didn't think about this possibility and probability. More than likely true. Besides, I actually have come to like the mini LP CD format.

5. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

Me too, but the lift-locks sure are handy to have around for those used purchases!

6. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

:righton: :righton: :righton:

7. mwheelerk

Same

....and that is exactly why I ordered them .... I have been on a small used gold CD run lately

8. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

I received mine today. Very well packaged, indeed.

At a quick glance, none appear to be damaged.

9. alanb

alanb Senior Member

Hey Andrew did you get hit up for extra shipping to Canada ? As there website when you order has a standard charge for the US.

10. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

Yes, unfortunately, I did...

A couple of days after I placed my order, I received an e-mail from Rubberdisc mentioning that the checkout didn't pick up that I was outside the U.S., and that the shipping would cost $11.86 for ground, so I told them to request the additional $6.86 through Paypal. The actual postage charge (on the box) came to $10.69, but it was very well packaged (double boxed, with packing peanuts, so I'm satisfied with the cost.

11. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

The exact same thing happened with my order. Hopefully, they're now on their way and will be here sometime next week.

12. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

Just a followup... These don't seem to be quite the same quality as the originals. I've noticed that on some of them the lift lock mechanism (i.e. the entire brown/black part doesn't seem to fit snugly enough into the clear part of the case. While it functions properly, it can easily be lifted out (as you would do to change the back insert).

I'd be interested to hear if others find the same thing.

13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Weird shipping policy. I was gonna order a 48 pack of the lift-lock cases. That gave me a shipping charge of $11. Then I was gonna add a 3 pack microfiber cloth. Those can't weigh much at all, yet the shipping increased to $16.50! I don't think so...

14. mwheelerk

Just Arrived

Well my shipment just arrived and just in the nick of time as 4 titles I recently purchased just arrived without the lift lock jewel case. Like everyone has said they were very well packaged.

I thought I had spotted a difference between these and the "originals". On the lift lock of these cases near the spine there are two rectangular blank spaces. I looked at one of my older MFSL CDs and in the same rectangular space is written "SHAPE" and below that CD2001. But when I looked at others I had that I thought were "original" lift lock jewel cases some had the blank and some had the "SHAPE" and "CD2001".

15. bw

bw Forum Resident

I just found that yet another of my cd's stored in a lift lock case has a cracked hub. I used to like these things, but now I'm glad they are gone. All 3 of these were used purchases, so I am assuming that the original owners had no clue how to use these.

Good riddance.

fredblue likes this.
  16. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I'd like to think that Mofi's decision was ecologically related to some degree, but it was more likely economical. We need someone to invent a bio-degradable compact disc. Preferably high resolution, low calorie, and tastes great!

17. John Cantrell

John Cantrell Active Member

More importantly, does red wine or white wine go with the meal?

18. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

19. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Original link still works. Excellent price for most style of jewel cases.

20. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

yeap but again... are different? inferior quality than the originals, I remember read something about it but Im not 100% sure.

21. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

If the mastering is the best available on a CD I will buy it in a tampon box. :)

22. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

I just ordered some and could find no differences with the originals. But I'm not as picky as some people around here. Music Direct had the best prices I could find.

23. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Try sushi-sashimi on Ebay. I order the fatboy CD size as they fit all. The cost of postage of sleeves from bags unlimited or sleeve city was prohibitive to Australia, whereas sushi-sashimi (Hiroshi) was more cost-effective.

24. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Yes, I've been buying mine from a vendor on ebay as well. :agree:

25. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

No Shape Optimedia (spelling?) on the tray, that will send OCD people over the edge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.