Lindsey Buckingham Sues Fleetwood Mac Over Dismissal from Band

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by IHeartRecordsAz, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

If that's a mid life crisis, Neil's going to live to be really, really old.

2. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

He's been down the actress road before, and it didn't work out so great last time.

3. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

I think we should drop the CSNY gossip and stick to dishing up the goods on Mickwood Fleet & company... :)

willy, Zeki, andycherry and 7 others like this.
  4. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

There's no such thing. Anyone can bring a lawsuit and then it's up to a judge and/or jury. Usually it's down to cost-benefit.

Lindsey wouldn't have agreed to leave without any settlement being offered. That's why the famous quote that "it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission." The lawsuit is everyone negotiating the forgiveness.

Zeki and S. P. Honeybunch like this.
  5. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

Lindsey just smokes pot and drinks. In relative moderation. My friend's in his band.

Betcha Stevie's off coke now, too - didn't she snort a new hole into her head?

6. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Nothing brings folks together like a common enemy. Why don't they join forces and collectively sue Irving Azoff? And maybe Geffen too, just for fun. Since he's so powerful he probably could have put the brakes on their disfunctionality. So, yeah, he's partly responsible.

And Norway. Tusk only reached #6 in Norway - the scalding psychological truama reverberates to this day...

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Anyone seeing both FM and LB solo in 2018?

Only FM is coming through my town.

8. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Which IMO makes Graham Nash a world class hypocrite given how pissed off he's gotten over the years every time Neil Young does an abrupt about face on a CSNY project...
    Probably:laugh: But there are some parallels, though- like I said, Fleetwood Mac and CSNY are a bunch of seventy somethings who are all still basically seventeen (if that) in the head.

9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Campbell
    Stills
    Nicks
    Young

tour 2020

The_Windmill and PDK like this.
  10. graveyardboots

graveyardboots Resident Patient

I'll be attending Lindsey's concert next week in Peachtree City, GA. First row tickets in the main orchestra section were only $66. Fleetwood Mac is coming in March and, while a large number of tickets are still available, the best standard admission seats are $229.50. If I didn't mind spending a small fortune, platinum package seats are available for between $400 and $1,000. I'd pay $1,000 to ride in a time machine so I could catch Fleetwood Mac on tour in '75, '76 or '77. $1,000 to see Fleetwood Mac in 2019? Not likely.

11. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I’m sure they knew there would be a lawsuit. It’s all about money. They expected to make big bucks from the tour and just figure there would be plenty of extra cash to pay the fee to dump LB.

12. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

DTK likes this.
  13. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

Saw some speculation that since the February date is a Saturday they may think they can get a bigger crowd.

They added Gypsy last night and saw a report that Stevie stepped up the twirling throughout the concert. I'm sure the gypsies in chiffon were ecstatic/orgasmic. :)

jammincrowe, PDK and The Panda like this.
  14. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

Does that surprise you? Lawyers can be FM fans too. :D

15. Witchy Woman

Thanks for the link. He does say Stevie had good ideas and was a sweetheart in the studio. And that Lindsey was paranoid and wasn’t that good with people. Hopefully Lindsey will write that book soon (probably once the lawsuit settles ala Don Felder).

16. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

Too much coke for Lindsey would be my guess. There's an entire concert of FM on the Mirage tour you can see on YouTube. Lindsey has got to be coked out of his mind.

Witchy Woman likes this.
  17. wilbuck

wilbuck Forum Resident

Funny that Caillat was actually one of the introductory speakers when Lindsey got his TEC award in 2011. I love how he, in many interviews mentions Lindsey being paranoid and difficult when he was 30 years old, and it was 40 years ago! He has mentioned in his book how much Stevie Nicks has changed through the years, and not for the better. I also get the impression he was not thrilled about being left out of the recording of the Tango In The Night album

PDK and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  18. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

For all of the dirt Lindsey has on his bandmates, they probably have it on him tenfold. Hard to imagine he writes a tell-all.

The funny thing about the Felder book is that Don Henley basically said he could write some things about Felder that would make your moustache curl -- and Henley probably has some very unflattering dirt on Felder. The readers of the Felder book heard one side of the story from the perspective of one guy. There is probably much more to the story.

19. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

I'd expect there's very few rock stars from the 70s who don't have quite a few unflattering secrets that they want to keep hidden. They were young, they were given what they wanted, and realized that they could also take what they wanted.

20. Witchy Woman

Of course. He’s not going to write from someone else’s perspective. He surely left out quite a bit and I have no doubt Henley and the others would also have plenty to say.

Re: Lindsey, he didn’t say it would be a tell-all, just that he wanted to write his own book which is why didn’t cooperate with Caillat’s.

21. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Ken's book is a fantastic read. Hopefully he writes a second volume chronicling the Tusk sessions and subsequent tour.

Witchy Woman and 905 like this.
  22. SonyTek

SonyTek Forum Resident

... But, they aren't running for a Supreme Court seat, so, what harm could it do now? Statute of Limitations and all. :D

steelinYaThighs, PDK and painted8 like this.
  23. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

I saw their performance on Ellen on Youtube, and it was flat.

No Bull and PDK like this.
  24. graveyardboots

graveyardboots Resident Patient

Yes, I read it earlier this year when I was on one of my Fleetwood Mac kicks and I enjoyed it immensely. Interestingly, Caillat didn't exactly paint himself out to be any kind of saint either. My takeaways were that Caillat was a little too fast and loose with his girlfriends at the time and, despite his best intentions, sometimes his treatment of his prized dog, Scooter, seemed almost abusive at times. He also spent a little too much time talking about his daughter and her music, which really isn't even tangentially relevant to Rumours. Those are all minor quibbles though. It was great to get a genuine insider's take on the proceedings and even some of the technical sound engineering stuff (a bit of which went over my head) was pretty fascinating.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  25. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I actually think this makes a book more likely than before. As long as he was in the band, there was no reason to stir the pot and risk all that potential income, but now? He's got nothing to lose once this lawsuit settles. Not saying it will happen, but I think it's more likely now than a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.