Linn LP12 Radikal owners...shout out.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DaveyF, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident Thread Starter

I recently upgraded my LP12 to a Radikal D. The upgrade leaped the performance forward to such an extent that I now no longer am looking for a new TT. Instead, i think the TT is now at least among the top two TT's that I have ever heard... and I have heard most of the top TT's on the market.

Shout out if you are a LP12 Radikal owner and tell us what you like about your TT.

2. frimleygreener

frimleygreener "It 'a'int why...it just is"

Linn remind me of Gillette razors...each one is the best one yet....one wonders how poor the original must have been:)

3. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

For me it's Terry Pratchett's Curious Squid
    "Curious squid are squid in the Circle Sea, notable for terrible foul taste and for their interest in anything new that presents itself in their environment. Curious squid are fished for connoisseurs who want to taste a course that contains no trace of the squid."

4. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Very cool. That's quite an upgrade.

5. DaveyF

Perhaps the answer lies with...how poor was the original Gillette razor? :idea:

6. DaveyF

So, In your opinion the shaving experience hasn't improved over the years with the various newer Gillette's? :shrug:

7. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Actually it has but the blades are no different, there's just more of them as I posted above.
    BTW, I deleted my original post as I decided it was kind of a OT\thread crap and I really had no intention of slamming Linn or your pleasure on the upgrade.
    Glad you're enjoying it!

8. DaveyF

Thank you. So now hopefully we can get back on topic....anyone?

9. Metralla

Do you have any photos?

10. DaveyF

11. Metralla

Interesting to see that arm fitted to a Sondek. I guess it's too high for the lid and you had to make some modifications.

12. DaveyF

Geoff, the arm is indeed too high to use the lid, so i have added four supports to lift the lid higher. I NEVER use the TT with the lid on. The arm is the WTA special black arm with the VDH internal cabling, running to Nordost Tyr phono cabling. I have AB'ed it against the usual suspects from Linn and Naim, IMHO the only arm that I think slightly bettered it was the Ekos SE. The Ekos SE was better in the bass dept, BUT still couldn't quite match the WTA's amazing imaging capabilities.( When one hears NO bearing at all, it is quite an experience) Older Ekos arms were not as revealing as the WTA.
    I am curious about the new AMG arm, has anyone heard this on a Linn?

13. Metralla

Good information - cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.