List of Beatles Songs Paul Didn't Play Live Before Linda Died

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Benjamin Edge, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone have a full list of songs Paul McCartney wrote for The Beatles (and a few he did with Wings and solo) that he never played live in the years his wife Linda (1941-1998) was alive? There are several of those songs that could've worked perfectly for Linda's vocal prowess.

Among them are several songs from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band that Linda's vocal and keyboard chops (as well as the horn section Paul used in his Wings tours) would've worked well for:
    Getting Better (backing vocals and keyboards)
    She's Leaving Home (backing vocals, and keyboards to cover the orchestral strings)
    When I'm Sixty-Four (backing vocals; and the saxophone player, Howie Casey, could have filled in for the clarinet parts here)
    Lovely Rita (Wings' touring horn section could've done the comb-and-paper kazoo lines here, since that was supposed to be a horn section originally)

~Ben

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. idleracer

idleracer Forum Resident

Shockingly enough, to this day, he still has never performed "Helen Wheels" live. :yikes::eek::yikes:

ibekeen likes this.
  3. Elton

Elton I Hope Being Helpful, Will Make Me Look Cool

I don't know what you're looking for. Here's the Wikipedia page of Paul's New World Tour. This was to promote Off the Ground and was Linda's last tour. There's also dates and a sample set lists. It also has a link to his next tour, in 2001 (all the way to his current tour). That is the first tour with the band that he has to this date, (and sample set lists) so you can see, that Paul has changed some of the Beatles songs he has done over the years. I think he just got comfortable with some songs. In 2002 he played "Something," Harrison died 2001, it is not listed as played on tour anywhere else. You can also go back to the 89 tour.

I think it had more to do with him(Paul). He did more Beatles songs on Linda's last tour (93), then he did on the Wings over America tour (76).

I hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.