Listening to the Guess Who

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kennynd, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

Thanks for sharing this. Right now the only Iconoclassic release I don't own is Flavours, which sells on Amazon for $80. This set looks like a cheap way to get into the band and get some great albums.

Todd W. likes this.
  2. CDC

CDC Forum Resident

Purchased Canned Wheat and Wheatfield Soul at a yard sale a couple weeks ago. I know all the band's hits minor and big but have never had an original LP. ..I don't know if it's really that great but I'm loving side 2 of Canned Wheat!!!! It's so great hearing almost 50 year old songs that are, to me, brand new!!

Myke and John Porcellino like this.
  3. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

Regarding Road Food:
    That was the first post-Bachman Guess Who album that I purchased.
    Many people view it as the runt of the GW litter. Although Kurt is not very prominent on the album, I love it. The band's background vocals are always good, however, on this album they are especially memorable IMO. I love the jazzier side of the GW: this album has plenty.

I guess that I'm an unusual GW fan: I like that Troiano albums more than some of the preceding albums such as #10, Rockin', and So Long, Bannatyne. The Troiano albums have some jazz fusion elements that appeal to me (even if they do seem a bit misplaced on a Guess Who album).

4. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Yes, always awesome to discover new old music!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.