Lizzy Borden reissue lp's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by porotikos, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos Thread Starter

Hi there. i just got "Love you to pieces: and "menace to society" in vinyl, that got recently reissued by Metal Blade.
    Now, i dont have the original Lp's to compare. Usually the metal Blade reissues are spot on. I remember the Omen - Battlecry Lp sounding fantastic and really superior to vinyl.
    Iam listening Love you to pieces, as we speak. Unfortunately the sound sounds weak. I dont think it is really compressed. that is not the issue. But the record seems a bit lifeless and the high frequencies are a bit harsh.
    I will listen to the other Lp at night.
    I wonder if anyone has got them records and can make comparisons to the original releases if he has them. Overall i am happy to have Lizzy Borden in my collection. A fantastic band. But the sound was a bit of a let down. i will revisit my flac files at night. probably cd will be the prefered version when i want to go back to the record?
    what is your opinion guys?

Munger74 and Davidmk5 like this.
  2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thanks for the review , i was kinda curious how these would be .......... I have all the original Lp's so didn't buy these , I have to wonder if they have & or used the master tapes & if they cut the lp's from digital files , my original Lp's sound really good though the Cassette version of "Menace" i remember that being amazing sounding when it came out .......

Munger74 and porotikos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.