Locals, VPI's Mat Weisfeld will be at Brooks Berdan in Monrovia on Sat. May 3rd

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Steve Hoffman, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I like to give support to our local audiophile businesses. I was at Sunny's in Covina last week, and at the end of next month one of my favorite high-end stereo stores is having an "in-house!" I love those things, you get to meet directly with the manufacturer, chat with other like-minded audiophiles and generally have a good time. Those of you who have never been in a high-end stereo store, it's fun, especially here where there is a lot of vintage tube gear to drool over and some nifty new stuff, both entry level and over-the-top crazy.

So, I'm spreading the word to local Vinyl lovers, be at the store the first Saturday of May..... 5pm to 8pm. VPI will be raffling off a 16.5 cleaning machine. Mat will do a seminar and it's the west coast premiere of the new "headphone friendly" affordable Nomad plus Mat will be talking in depth about the Classic direct drive table, etc...

Brooks Berdan will have 7 VPI tables on display along with 3 VPI cleaning machines.

Scott Hicks will be glad to show you around the place, a lot of neat toys..

Metralla, Ortofun, Grant and 4 others like this.
  2. Scott Hicks

Scott Hicks Active Member

Can't wait!

Looking forward to what should be a great time for all!

Metralla and vpiindustries like this.
  3. vpiindustries

vpiindustries Forum Resident

Going to be a good time! Can't wait to see you all there!

LeeS and Scott Hicks like this.
  4. macster

macster Forum Resident

I'm in! Gonna be a long drive, but it should be worth it.

M~

Grant and vpiindustries like this.
  5. Steve Hoffman

Bob Levi of The Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society has written this about the event:

Dear Members and Friends,

OUR NEXT SOCIETY DEALER EVENT!!! WIN A VPI RECORD CLEANING MACHINE!! 9TH ANNUAL GREATEST SOFTWARE RAFFLE EVER!! EVEN WIN A PAIR OF SUPERB VAN DEN HUL INTERCONNECTS! BROOKS BERDAN LTD! MAY 3RD!

SEE MORE TURNTABLES AT BROOKS BERDAN THAN STARS IN THE SKY!

COMING SATURDAY, May 3rd, 5-8 PM: The Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society will hold its fantastic May Event at Brooks Berdan Ltd. in Monrovia (110 W. Olive Avenue). The store has been remodeled extensively since the Society visited last year. Our hosts are Sheila Berdan and Scott Hicks. ***The guest speaker for this event will be Mat Weisfeld, President of VPI Industries.*** This is Mats first time before the Society. He will be demonstrating the top-of-the-line Classic Direct Turntable as well as other well-known VPI turntables. Playback will be through Jadis electronics including the JA120 monoblocks and JP80MC preamp. Loudspeakers will include the Magico Q5 and Q7.

MORE NEWS:

Mat Weisfeld will be featuring the Classic Direct turntable, but this meeting will also be the West Coast Premier for the Scout Junior and Nomad turntables.
    In addition to Mat, the meeting will also have Jay Rein from Bluebird Distribution. He will be talking about Jadis and Chord electronics and Spendor speakers.
    Also on hand will be the Magico S3 speaker that has received lots of buzz from CES. Several other Magico speakers will be on display at the meeting.

MORE EXCITING RAFFLE NEWS:

**WIN A VPI 16.5 Record Cleaning Machine compliments of Brooks Berdan and VPI! It is first prize in our huge software raffle!
    **And Jay is donating a pair of superb Van Den Hul Interconnects to our great raffle!
    **Plus, we will all enjoy the 9th Annual Greatest Software Raffle Ever with over 200 LPs, CDs, downloads, DVDs, etc.
    Great Dinner will be served. Guests, visitors and new members are invited. Parking is free. NOTE: Special Saturday, May 3rd, 5-8 PM!!

Great listening to all,

Bob

6. Steve Hoffman

I'm currently on my butt sick in bed (upper respiratory infection, courtesy of my kids) so I doubt I'll be there, sad to say but locals, this is your chance to ask questions, listen, learn!

7. Man that's what I had last week ... took a good ten days to clear it all out. I feel your pain.. Or I did. . Miso soup was the best for me.

8. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Sorry to hear that. Get better soon.

9. I will be there the for first hour or so. Didn't want to go but the wife is making me. How my world has changed!

Steve, get those kids grown up and ejected out of the house.:winkgrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.