Logan Movie Official Trailer*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Don't know if they repeat it, but the most recent Graham Norton Show had both Jackman and Stewart on. Apparently Stewart lost about 20 pounds for the role, so he should have looked like Heck! He also said that he doesn't work out at all, just good genes.

John K.

2. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Saw this a second time and I think it might have been *even better* the second time around. Continues to amaze me that Fox has made the best Marvel movie of all time. Thank god Fox didn't sell their rights to this back to Disney, who would have churned out another one of their soulless superhero movies.

3. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

It was so cool to have all this pain just show up all over Jackman's face. Wolverine just doesn't talk about his feelings, but with all the time they gave for him to really work the character, he was able to convey all the anger, pain, and sadness of the role in his eyes and all the small looks ( at the girl, Charles, etc). I couldn't have been more pleased with it.

The wife thought the turning of the cross was a bit corny. I said, "No, corny would be that he sees Jean over the girl's shoulder as he dies." She agreed.

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  4. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Very glad Jean (the character *or* the actress) wasn't anywhere near the "Logan" film. I thought her cutaway scenes in 2013's "The Wolverine" were weird and unneeded, and she would have been even more out of place in "Logan."

nightstand68 likes this.
  5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

6. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I just saw this following parody:

This one is great (one of the best ones done by these guys.) It is a blend of Logan and the most recent musical version of Les Miserables, which also starred Hugh Jackman. Even Deadpool makes an appearance in this parody along with a Johnny Cash parody song during the credits.

7. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

8. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I believe it's available on blu-ray in the US already, including the "noir" version.

9. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

yep. the regular blu-ray has the theatrical blu-ray, "noir" blu-ray, dvd, and an ultraviolet code.

10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I have very little technical knowledge on the subject, so I have to ask: why make a separate blu-ray for the black and white version when we can use the TV remote control to eliminate the color from the theatrical version? I assume the difference in image quality must be very high between a separate disc and a remote control manipulation, but it's just a guess.

11. The Hud

According to the reviews I have read, the Noir version is not a simple removal of color, but a separate black and white version that was very well done. I haven't watched it yet, but I am looking forward to it.

5th-beatle likes this.
  12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

4K /bd out ?

13. The Hud

Yes, came out yesterday.

alexpop likes this.
  14. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I got the 4K UHD/Blu-ray and watched it Monday. I didn't catch it at the theater, and tried to avoid spoilers. Too bad the Best Buy steelbook cover/packaging gave away a big spoiler :(

Overall, it was a great movie. Very violent, however. But this is the kind of "popcorn" movie that I like... it never insults the audiences' intelligence, and the acting, direction and pace was spot-on.

15. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Are you talking about the front cover? What is a "big spoiler" on the cover? Her claws? I suppose they didn't reveal that in every poster and trailer. But her claws are in at least one of the trailers, and one of the posters. I think the line "she's very much like you" is also in at least one of the trailers, right?

I think they may have avoided, at first during early promotion, overtly referencing her claws, but it was always super-duper obvious that she was his daughter and basically a female mini-Wolverine. I didn't even know any of the X-23/Laura comic book back story but I knew early on she wasn't just a "regular" girl going on a road trip with Logan.

16. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Correct, the claws. Yes, the trailers made it obvious she was "special", but I didn't pick up on any specific connections, i.e. daughter/Logan's exact mutant powers.

17. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I suppose I'd have to go back to all of the trailers to hear what is said, but I believe Prof. X's line that "she's very much like you" was in some of them, which indicates a more specific similarity to Logan. And, as I mentioned, one of the trailers full-on shows her whip the claws out as she approaches the group of bad guys for the first time outside.

Also, weeding out the fan-made stuff, it appears at least two of the posters released to promote the film show her claws, including one that was re-formatted into a big billboard around Times Square. I don't think the studio or filmmakers were trying to keep this a secret prior to release date for the film.

[​IMG]

18. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I already heaped praise on this film in this thread earlier and/or the 2017 film thread, but I just watched the BD last night (went for the Target version with the bonus book of B&W photos). I did the color first. I considered doing the B&W version since I saw this in theaters five or six times (and it's only the second of third film I've ever seen *that* many times in theaters), but went with color. Still a great film, still probably the best "superhero" film by leaps and bounds I've ever seen, if we're to categorize it as a "superhero" film.

The deleted scenes run a total of about 7 and 1/2 minutes, and they're the perfect type of deleted scenes. They're substantive enough to be interesting, but I don't feel like they needed to be in the film (and one or two in particular, while very interesting, I'm particularly glad they didn't put in the film).

The "Making of" stuff clocks in at a total of about 76 minutes and is quite good for a studio-authorized "Making of." It's better than the EPK-level stuff on most releases these days. The director Mangold is surprisingly open about the clear indication that he's *not* a fan of a lot of superhero movies these days and was going out of his way to *not* be like those. They are also clear on the fact that they pulled more from the "X-23" comics than they did from "Old Man Logan."

A nice BD of a great film. I'll probably try the B&W version soon (and also listen to the commentary track).

rufus t firefly, BeatleJWOL and SamS like this.
  19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It's a very good commentary and well worth a listen.

I thought the B&W version was... okay. It's an interesting alternative but not something I'll revisit - even though I hate orange and teal, the color version just felt more "right" to me...

20. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

Not to get too off-topic, but what is the appeal of the "Noir" black & white version?

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It's like all old-timey and stuff? :D

mark renard likes this.
  22. Hoo boy, 'Logan' is one kick-### movie. Serious, violent & bleak as all hell. I loved it. Would dig seeing a black&white version...might have to seek that out.

23. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Absolutely and with some good comic moments thrown in! I wasn't too hot about watching it as I'm not really a fan of the X-Men/Wolverine series of movies but it is a very good movie and not just from a "superhero movie" point of view. Loved the scene where Xavier froze the hotel as a desperate survival method and plea for help.

Old Rusty likes this.
  24. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Best film so far this year I've seen.

25. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I rented it last week and watched it twice! Easily my favorite of the entire X-Men franchise. Possibly in my top 5 best list for comic book flicks, certainly in the top 10!

The Panda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.