Longmire Season 4 (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Atmospheric, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone else digging this?

I opened a Netflix account just so I could watch this. Honestly, I'm glad they offer a free first month because I will be canceling after I watch the new Longmires. I have 4 more episodes to go.

I don't want to say too much for fear of spoiling things. But I will say that I think they actually stepped the quality up a notch this season. Great writing, acting and filming. What a show!

80sjunkie likes this.
  2. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I'm glad they picked it up. Looking forward to season 5.
    I didn't like what the writers did at the end of S3 with Branch's dad.
    There was nothing really pointing at this, seems like a last minute thing to chock people and it didn't work for me. Poor writing.

The free month is nice but it couldn't really have been a dealbreaker if you like the series?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. Atmospheric

No, not a deal breaker. I guess there will be a season 5, then? I had not heard that. I will probably sign up for an account one month each year then. $8.99 well worth 10 episodes of this series for me.

4. budwhite

It's a great price! I just asume there will be another season now that netflix has it. I'm' counting on it.
    But I wonder why it's only available in north america and down under. Every other netflix show or docu is global

Atmospheric likes this.
  5. Atmospheric

I just finished season 4. I really enjoyed it.

6. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Just discovered this show. Just finished season 1. Glad they are doing a season5!

Scope J and ex_mixer like this.
  7. Just binged watched all four seasons on Netflix. Great show. Looking forward to Season 5.

8. MikeInFla

Wish I had time to sit and watch them all. I'm lucky if I can watch 2 episodes a week so it will take me a while to watch all 4. Excellent show, someone from work recommended it.

9. MikeInFla

Season 5 will be here Sept 23! No trailer yet but it will be released soon.

10. budwhite

I hope the writing is a notch better this season

11. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Craig. Johnson is one of my favorite writers. I always look forward to his latest Longmire book.

12. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I don't know why I'm not watching this series... I LOVE Katee Sackhoff

ssmith3046, Al Kuenster and CBC like this.
  13. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

Looking forward to season 5, season 4 left us hanging.

14. budwhite

Production, writing and vibe has really took a turn for the worse since Netflix took over

15. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Wow. Can't agree with this, but everyone everyone has differing perceptions, I suppose. From my POV, this series has kept true to form and some of the Native American characters that spent more time in the background the first three seasons are receiving more screentime. Just sayin'.

:cheers:
    Cat

MikeInFla likes this.
  16. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Been bombing through these series..
    Actually our host gave me the heads up on Longmire and it doesn't disappoint. Well made very watchable stuff.

17. MikeInFla

Any word on the new season?? And if the show does so well why would Netflix cancel it? Season 6 is rumored to be the last and I'm looking forward to it but wish it would continue after 6.

Scope J likes this.
  18. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

There's speculation that it will air sometime in October. The Season 5 DVD set is supposed to come out this month, and that usually signals the time the new season airs.

As for wrapping up the series with season 6, I don't know about anyone else, but I thought season 5 was a step down from previous seasons story-wise. Hopefully, season 6 will be great and the show can go out on a high note.

19. Atmospheric

Nov 17 I think. I got sucked into resuming my Netflix account last week because the Longmire Facebook page said Season 6 was resuming in September. Longmire is the only thing I watch on Netflix. Oh well, with the free month I get every time I reopen the account, I will have only paid for one month in three years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.