Look of Love: The Very Best of ABC?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fsutall, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member Thread Starter

Anbody pick up the new "Look of Love: Very Best of ABC" anthology yet? If so, how does it compare to their other hits collections? I have the old "Absolutely ABC" CD from the early 90s and am pretty happy with it, but I will buy the new one if the sound is noticeably better. And how are the new songs?

2. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I'm a big ABC fan, but don't generally pick up the hits compilations as I have all the individual albums. The first 3 or 4 records have been fairly recently remastered in Great Britain, several with bonus tracks, so if you're a big fan, I'd suggest looking into them. hmv.com and hmv.co.uk usually offer pretty good import prices. BTW, what new songs are supposed to be on this comp?

3. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm more of a ABC casual fan than you, Todd, but I do think The Lexicon Of Love is a near-perfect album, certainly one of the best of the '80s. "Peace & Tranquility" and "Blame" are the two songs exclusive to the new compilation.

4. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Damn, new tracks! The titles sound interesting too, and I wonder if they date back to Lexicon sessions. Now I'm going to have to think about getting it. Far from a casual fan, I'm unfortunately somewhat of a completionist! I'm one who would have loved to have found a Lexicon of Love II, although I also loved Beauty Stab. I thought there was a bit of a drop-off after that...

5. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

I'm a big ABC fan too. Actually the album that followed "Beauty Stab"(I loved "That Was Then, But This Is Now"), "How To Be A Zillionaire" is their next best album to their first. Even "Alphabet City" the follow up album had a few good tracks. They were definitely one of the best pop bands of the 80's.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.