Looking for Classic Records outer box, only...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DK Pete, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know I'm more than likely hitting a dead end here but i have to give this a shot; can anyone tell me if Classic Records offers outer boxes-even generic-for their box sets? ANY help is appreciated.

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Classic has been gone for almost 10 years. Acoustic Sounds owns the rights to the label, so they might be our best hope. They did buy out the companies inventory, so maybe there is a shot.

[edit]To my knowledge, the only box sets were the clarity editions and the test pressing sets. The 45 rpm sets weren't boxed. The test pressing sets came from RTI. so there is that.

3. glide

glide Forum Resident

If the amount of “newly discovered stock” and “test pressings” they were pushing on eBay is any indication they should have some.

4. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

The eBay stuff is Michael Hobson stock from his hand picked reserved. I guess you could contact his seller on eBay that might have access to Hobson's collection.

5. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm not sure I'm clear on what you're saying; my box in question is of the 45 RPM, 4-disc vinyl of Aqualung by Jethro Tull. I will, however, try to contact Acoustic Sounds and see if they can be of any help. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.