Looking for new phono Preamp for Hana EL

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Fritz Fernow, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Fritz Fernow

Fritz Fernow Active Member Thread Starter

Hello fellow Hana owners. Checking in to see what you are using for your low output Hana's. Right now I am using a Lounge Copla SUT plugged into the phono section of a Rogue Sphynx. Looking to see if I can kick up the dynamics and add a touch of punch.
    Thinking of the Dynavector p75 mk III. Budget is about $ 1K.
    any suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. olschl

olschl Well-Known Member

I upgraded from an Emotiva XPS-1 into the line input of a Primare I32 to a Musical Surroundings Phonomena II. The results were pretty dramatic. Even more so for a Denon DL-301 II and a Shure V15 RS SAS.

3. WapatoWolf

WapatoWolf Forum Resident

I have Hana HOMC and very happy w/Musical Surroundings NovaPhonomena. Older version but very versatile.

4. willboy

willboy Forum Resident

I'm using a a UK made Rothwell Simplex MM phono stage with my Hana EH. It's a neutral, nicely detailed unit with excellent control. I've heard it said that it sounds very similar to the Musical Surroundings Phenomena.

Fritz Fernow likes this.
  5. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Lehmann Black Cube SE II

loudwizard likes this.
  6. MikeT.

MikeT. Well-Known Member

I have the same question. I have a Hana El and will run it through a ProJect Tube Box DS and it sounds very good but am thinking I might get even better performance with something slightly better. I also have the Lounge LCR III moving magnet preamp but hesitate to purchase the Lounge Copla step up preamp because the loading is a maximum of 300 ohms and the Hana calls for greater than 400 ohms. I did have it playing through the ProJect and ran it at under 400 ohms and it sounded great BUT......

7. Tom Littlefield

Tom Littlefield Forum Resident

Look at the Sutherland KC Vibe, great value and under budget at $895

MikeT. likes this.