Lost in Translation OST - Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ppsquare, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppsquare

ppsquare Forum Resident Thread Starter

A few years ago there was a discussion about the release from the (absolutely stunning) Lost in Translation soundtrack on vinyl here in the forum (LOST IN TRANSLATION OST Vinyl Soundquality ).

Emperor Norton released this years ago, but today it's hard to get (starting at 200 USD for VG+ quality!). The label was bought by Rykodisk and then by Warner Music, who should have the rights for it..

I got in contact with an employee of Emperor Norton by ebay (he sold the Bill Murray song on 7" whitelabel). He told me the quality of the vinyl is ... okay but not superb. But he had also no idea where to get it.
    I tried to get in contact with Warner Music - without success.

There are also some good quality bootlegs from Japan (?) in different colors (white, translucent green and blue), which where discussed back in 2014 here in the forum). But they are even harder to get.

So, does anybody has an idea how to buy this - or if there will be a reissue of the LP?

2. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Buy the CD or wait for the - inevitable - reissue. Had the original, sold it. The only thing "ok" about it , is the going rate :evil:

3. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

It will be up to Warner Bros. to release it on LP as they still likely own the licensing rights for the soundtrack.

Otherwise, I would just get the CD or buy the lossless digital version.

4. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

The Japanese CD has superior sound quality to the western release, and a much better cover. (Scarlett lying in bed - surely better than Bill Murray in a robe, right?)

Jerry Horne likes this.
  5. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

Sorry to bring this thread back but I've been interested in the record for a few years now and it looks like it's back on the map with a RSD 2019 release. I'm too old and boring to be able to compete in the RSD game (aka soccer Dad is gonna soccer Dad) but I wouldn't be surprised to see a regular release follow.

Neonbeam likes this.
  6. paulcalypse

paulcalypse Forum Resident

Can anyone comment on the RSD 2019 pressing and sound quality?

7. hhjack

hhjack Forum Resident

I did really well on RSD (only a handful of things on my list) but I would have liked to have found this yesterday. Hopefully, it will have a run beyond RSD.

Mr.Sneis likes this.
  8. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.