Lost, Season 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by CardinalFang, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member Thread Starter

NO SPOILERS BEFORE THE PREMIER, PLEASE

Four more days. I've been eating up these mobisodes in preperation. I've read a little bit about the season opener, but nothing that reveals plot points.

This is the closest I'll come to a spoiler... the official ABC Preview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ou7cWOTXJs

They've had some nice pre-season teasers this year. The Lost Missing Pieces "mobisodes" (downloadable on Verizon mobile phones a few days before appearing on the ABC website) and also Find 815, an online game located at http://www.find815.com

I'm looking forward to the new season! :righton:

2. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

How many episodes in the can before itgoes off air due to the strike??

3. I think there were about 8 if I recall.

4. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I believe there are eight episodes completed for this season.

Thursday night will be the first hour at 9 PM (ET). (An hour earlier at 8 PM they'll show an hour catch-up special to review the story so far.)

Harry

5. semidetached

semidetached Monkees Mixographist

I still need to check out the mobisodes. I heard great things about two of them in particular.

6. Another Side

Another Side Senior Member

I see that they're also showing something on Wednesday. What is that about? :shh:

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i'm pretty sure it's last season'e finale.

renny

8. CardinalFang

It's going to be Season Three finale with extra content added... popups or text on the screen that will give background information or "more clues" or something. :sigh: Sounds kinda cheesy, IMHO.

9. CardinalFang

I've been following the discussion over at thefuselage.com. Even some seemingly simple mobisodes have some interesting aspects to them. For instance, there's one called Room 23 that you think is about Walt, but then you realize that they never mentioned his name in the entire scene.

Also, a recent one called The Envelope is an outtake from the Season 3 premier.

These mobisodes are clearly a part of "the canon" of Lost.

10. Another Side

Another Side Senior Member

That's what I thought. It may be fun to watch the finale again, though. :shh:

11. CardinalFang

Mrs. Keef just started watching Lost, but she's only 2 discs into Season 2 at this time. Looks like I'll be watching Season 4 by myself for a little while. :sigh:

12. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

I think in the preview it's odd the way Ben says, "Every single living person on this island will be killed." Why say "living" person? That jogs my memory of when "What's her name," the parachute woman, said there were no survivors of the crash. And Jack's "missing" dad....

13. CardinalFang

... and some of the previews edit out the words "single living" as well. Thought that's probably so they can fit it into a 30 second spot or whatever.

Besides, isn't that quote from the Season 3 finale anyway?

14. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Could just be plain old bad dialogue.

15. CardinalFang

That too! :laugh:

16. Ryan

Doubt it. I watched one of the mobisodes with Jack and Ben playing chess, and Jack picks apart every word of Ben's statement to "fully intend to honor" his deal to get Jack home....

17. I've seen most of the mobisodes, which leave me with the question . . . what the heck is a "mobisode"?

18. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Mobile phone episode.

19. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'd love to kick the crap out Ben...slowly.:D

It looks like we'll all be Lost after eppy number 8...puts a damper on things.

20. That's just about the dumbest neologism I've ever heard. Doesn't roll off the tongue, and isn't particularly descriptive since most people are viewing them on the internet, not on a phone.

Anyway, I have now seen all of them posted on the website, The momentum is building! There are a lot of them featuring Michael, heralding his return to the series.

21. CardinalFang

I just watched the latest and final mobisode.

Wow.

It's not on the official site yet... it will probably be on YouTube soon. It's over at the DarkUFO site though.

Major mind f**k! :eek:

22. Ryan

A Mobisode?

All written by Tony Soprano. :winkgrin:

23. semidetached

semidetached Monkees Mixographist

Okay, Keith. I'm blocking out time tonight to watch these.

24. Santo10

Santo10 The Hot Corner

:agree:

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a season of a show before... I'm sure I'm going to get frustrated early on though because I've watched all of the other Lost seasons via DVD. Waiting a week between episodes... :sigh:

25. That was cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.