Lost, Season 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by CardinalFang, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

this turned out to be my favorite season so far...I've actually come to like Ben if that's possible.:D

2. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Yes, similar to the way Dharma cemented over the magnetic core of the Swan station and tried to harness its power with the whole push-the-button-every-108-minutes thing.

3. Sean Murdock

The producers know where the show is going. The details of how they get there might evolve over time, but they definitely know WHERE they're going and when. That was the whole point of setting and end date for the show and wrapping it up after six seasons.

4. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

Yes, but I wonder if they've worked out some of the minor details like, WTF is the island? How did it originate? Who or what is behind it all?:shrug:

5. Sean Murdock

Based on what they've said in interviews, I think they know ALL that stuff. The "details" for them are the real world problems, like Richard Alpert being MIA for half the season because the actor was working on the CBS show "Cane." Or Mr. Eko dying sooner than they planned because the actor wanted off the show.

6. Henry the Horse

"Eko" wanted off the show?
    :eek:

7. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Speaking of Mr. Eko, "crazy" Hurley was playing chess against the unseen Mr. Eko when Sayid broke him out of the sanitarium.

8. Sean Murdock

Yeah -- and besides that, he was allegedly a pain in the butt and in particular didn't get along well with Terry O'Quinn, who plays Locke. Kind of a problem, since they were both supposed to be the "men of faith" on the show. Here's a bit from an interview (with The Onion's AV Club, if you want to look it up) with producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse:

It's a shame, because Mr. Eko was one of my favorite characters!

9. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Very possible. I "like" him too in that he's not evil; he's not even doing bad things just to be bad (a common TV villain problem) He has a real purpose in what he's doing. We don't know his whole story yet.

10. Henry the Horse

Yeah, he was an interesting character. Thanks for the info.

11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Great ending to a great season.... Loved it when the island disappeared and the people in the helicopter were shocked... Desmond finally met up with Penny. I'm hoping his character doesn't disappear as I love the episodes he's featured in.. Can't wait till they start it back up....

12. Ryan

Well, Ben has vowed to kill Penny, so....

13. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Ben and Desmond have never met yet, have they?

14. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

I don't know if they've been formally introduced, but they were both there when Jack and Locke split into separate camps in this season's premiere.

15. zobalob

zobalob Senior Member

I hope that Desmond is to continue, he's one of the main characters in the series IMO, I can't see it as otherwise.
    Ben is an oddity, ambivalent, I'm still not sure about him, despite him being shown as one of the good guys.
    Locke...why was he off the island, how come he died, assumed the "Jeremy Bentham" name when back on the mainland...that's really the question we need to know the answer to....as posted earlier, I think, the Wiki link, (to Jeremy Bentham), is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham, A philosopher very much ahead of his time.

16. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I very much enjoyed the happy ending of Desmond and Penny finally getting together. It was so uncharacteristic of the show and I am certain it will not last. :laugh:

17. Sean Murdock

My first prediction for Season Five: Penny is the "failed" assassination that Ben scolds Sayid for (in the flash-forward in "The Economist"). He says something like, "Remember what happened the last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun?"

18. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

How did Locke make it to the USA in a coffin with another name??
    One hell of a season finale, can't wait for the next episode! Lots of questions seeking answers now....

19. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

In the past couple of seasons the characters have trekked back and forth across the island in so many different combinations that I have lost track (and I wonder if the writers have as well) of who knows what and whom. For example, when Keamy the soldier was killed and his heart rate was slowing down, I wondered whether Locke or Ben even knew that any of the castaways were on the freighter to be blown up.

20. Ryan

Yes. Ben tells Jack, Sawyer and Hurley they better be on the boat "Within the hour" when they are all outside the Orchid station.

21. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Yes, I suppose. I was thinking more that it appeared as if Locke was concerned about the other castaways who were already on the boat (e.g. Jin and Sun), and I wondered whether he even knew they or anyone else from the island were on it.

I still remain puzzled as to why Jack continued to see the freighter as the key to their salvation (and to be at odds with Locke), even though he learned pretty quickly that the boat was not there to rescue them and in fact contained people who were actively trying to kill them, just as Locke and Ben said it would. I mean, it was a boat that could *potentially* rescue them, but he continued to believe everyone was on the verge of being rescued even after realizing that Faraday and the other freighter people were lying to them, that soldiers had been sent to the island to kill everyone, etc. etc.

22. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member Thread Starter

Because Jack is a stubborn SOB. He's emotionally sick, and has been since he was a kid.

Even Sawyer commented, "you sound like a broken record" when Jack insisted on following the helicopter to get everybody off the island.

Obviously, he's not well equipped to handle the ramifacations of being home in the future. Oddly enough, Kate handles it better than Jack.

23. CardinalFang

24. Another Side

Another Side Senior Member

The funny thing about that was that the supposed time shift was ignored. You'd think that if the ship was about a day behind then they had a lot more time to get off the ship before it blew up.

25. CardinalFang

I thought the time shift didn't occur if they flew at the correct bearing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.