Lost: The 6th & Final Season Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Barnabas Collins, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I should rephrase that: How did Desmond come to that conclusion that he needs to reunite everyone from that flight?

2. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

This makes me wonder if the Charlie that Hurley (and another patient) saw in the mental institution was somehow from sideways..

3. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

hmm...an interesting idea Ryan, you might be on to something there.

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

It's hard to tell WHO he saw (since he saw other people, too) AND, when Jack saw his dad, and Kate saw Claire..... who knows??

5. Ryan

Also, the MRI "knocking" sounds with Desmond can be heard in the Looking Glass station right before Charlie dies..(or at least it sounds very similar).

6. I think he realized that when his life kept intersecting with those people on the flight outside of the airport itself....granted that could be a bit of a stretch...(from a narrative perspective) but bigger leaps have been hmade on less evidence in both "Lost" and in movies before...add in his discussion with Daniel and his mom....

7. ZappaSG

ZappaSG New Member

*********spoiler for those that didn't watch it yet********

So was Daniel always a Widmore or just in this reality? Did they ever talk about that before?

8. vince

At the hospital, visiting Desmond, Widmore & Hawking talked about sacrificing their son!

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Daniel was previously Daniel Faraday, as detailed on this link on Lostpedia.

I always chuckle at how the producers continue to insert the names of scientists or philosophers into characters' last names (in this case, English scientist Michael Faraday, an early 1800s expert on electricity and magnetism). Same thing with John Locke.

After this week's episode, I'm moving more and more towards the theory that a certain character is going to try to merge both the "Island reality" and the "sideways reality" into one world. To me, that's the only explanation that makes any sense.

10. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

Charles in the Island world is most likely aware of the Sideways Universe (SU) as Eloise tells Desmond: ''Someone has clearly affected the way you see things. This is a serious problem. It is, in fact, a violation.'' She's accusing someone (most likely knowing it's Charles) of breaking the rules, a charge Ben also leveled at Charles in the past. Also returning to the island is a no-no under certain circumstances, something Ben and Charles have ignored (although technically Charles is on the other island).

Why this is a "violation" remains to be seen. So Eloise appears aware, but I wonder if Charles of the SU is aware of the island reality. My wife thinks he's blind to it, and I tend to agree.

We don't know about the past of the Island Others in our current reality - at least those old enough to have been on the island. The biggest clue is Roger Linus' comment on wishing they'd stayed on the island. Charles Widmore still had a picture of Black Rock, and other fans said he had a picture of a scale containing black and white rocks as well.

We can't also assume the island sank in 1977 with the detonation of the bomb. Presumably Ben had not been reunited with Dharma after his resurrection, and we don't know if the Others had a means out. Also an ankh was still visible in the underwater island, SU. I don't believe it's been seen anywhere else except on the complete statue.

More food for thought:

Charlie had three near death / suicidal traumas in one day and was still alive. Perhaps the island isn't through with him yet?

Also, I'm thinking Juliet's dying vision was of the SU, much like Daniel got glimpses of his island self and Charlie of, I'll assume for now, Claire. She might have misinterpreted her vision as a result of the bomb.

I have other theories but they're all contradicted through other events. But I'm sure as hell enjoying the ride.

Mark

11. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

You summed it up perfectly, the best episode so far.

12. Ryan

How was Charles able to re-find the island? The timeline as I understand it:

Freighter finds island
    Ben moves island. Poof! Freighter blown up.
    Three years pass.
    Ajira flight disappears. Poof! Re-appears and crashes on island.
    Charles is off the island's coast in the sub, with Desmond.

Did I miss something? How did he find it?

13. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

Heh. They moved an island and you’re only concerned about how someone might find it? :winkgrin:

14. Keith Moon

Keith Moon Active Member

I'm hoping that Juliet is on her date with someone at the same coffee shop Des/Penny are going to... I always liked her character a lot.

15. vince

I just assumed Eloise told him!

16. musicalbeds

Well that was fun...Des is such a great character.

17. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

18. musicalbeds

Yep, we're getting somewhere.

In past episodes we've seen a boy get Smokey a bit riled...it's obviously something important, out of his control.
    There's those who see him, and those who don't. Perhaps he's part of the "selection group" for the candidates.

There has to be a higher power than Jacob and Smokey, and we've only heard about "mother" so far...perhaps Mother Earth/Nature is behind much of this.

19. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

Another great episode.

20. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

holy crap using the eerie wonka song for next weeks teaser was pure brilliance

21. tootull

The boy looked like a young Jacob to me. (The smile)

22. tootull

Absolutely.

23. musicalbeds

I wondered about that as well...perhaps echoes of the past? I saw an older child this time.

24. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Very good episode... The ending with Desmond really was great...

25. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.