Lost: The Sixth and Final Season-"The End" (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Interesting stuff.

2. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

[​IMG]

From Screen Rant:
    "Jumping on the recent bandwagon of TV revivals (including Heroes and Twin Peaks, among others), ABC has begun development on a LOST spinoff miniseries titled “LOST: Awakening” – which, according to a press release, will follow the rise of a new threat (maybe a new “Man in Black”?). While details are scarce, the press release indicates that Jorge Garcia and Michael Emerson are signed on to return for (at least) the pilot episode, reprising their roles as Hugo “Hurley” Reyes and Ben Linus, but will be joined by an all new cast of Island residents.

There is no official premiere date set for LOST: Awakening but ABC is targeting a Fall 2016 launch. We’ll keep you up to date as we hear more about the miniseries but, in the meantime, you can read the official press release for yourself – HERE."
    http://screenrant.com/lost-tv-show-sequel-spinoff-awakening/

alexpop likes this.
  3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

If this isn't an April Fool's, cue the usual rants about the ending of Lost.

4. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Click on the link at the end of the article. :(

5. DreadPikathulhu

Yes, I figured it out. I was actually quite excited because I'd watch the show. It might put to rest some of the complaints.

stereoptic likes this.
  6. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

For those that are Lost fans, I'd highly recommend The Leftovers on HBO. It's Damon Lindelof's current project in its second season. Easily one of the best shows on TV right now.

nosticker and Encuentro like this.
  7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Thanks! I'll have to check it out.

8. alexpop

What's the premise ?

9. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

2% of the world's population has vanished.

alexpop likes this.
  10. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

A rapture-like occurrence has happened. The show doesn't explain any of the why, it just deals with the aftereffects. It's a beautifully done, surreal show. It almost like an alternate universe where everything is close to our world but just slightly skewed. There's nothing like it on TV. I think the second season is better than the first & I loved the first one.

alexpop likes this.
  11. alexpop

Christmas list > along with Better Call Saul.

12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Last Sun. episode got VERY "LOST"-y!
    I said on "The Leftovers" thread; it seemed like Lindelof might've used 'leftover' ideas from 'LOST' for this!

13. alexpop

Any new fans of this series?

14. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

15. alexpop

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    stereoptic likes this.
  16. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I keep saying I'm going to do a re-watch on blu-ray one of these days. I actually watched a lot of the show via analog over-the-air on an SD TV, so it should be a massive improvement. Do they sell a complete series box without all of the extra kitschy crap?

17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

No. In your shoes I'd buy used individual seasons in Blu-ray or DVD. (Blu-rays look and sound fantastic).

18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I see used copies of individual seasons on BD for $10-15 at my local record stores all the time, so I'll probably just pick them up that way.

19. alexpop

Lost ? ..not with blu ray.
    Yeah! Each season BD disc has a great different menu screen looks incredible on my 55"inch panny.

20. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Hey @Sean Murdock, I just came across this thread and, as someone who loved Lost but felt let down by the lack of answers, I'd love to know how you got on with this project. Did you abandon it?

21. alexpop

Some thread's get LOST,but not this one.

22. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Wow, has it already been over a year? Sadly, I haven't gotten back to it, although I kept all my notes. I guess I wasn't fully invested in the "project" as much as I was in just enjoying the show again. I'd still like to complete it someday, and surely another re-watch will happen eventually, so ... someday? At the risk of opening a can of worms, what were your biggest problems or unanswered questions? I can probably clear some of them up off the top of my head...

23. DreadPikathulhu

It it time for our annual Lost finale love/hate discussion?

Bryan and Encuentro like this.
  24. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

If I can find more time soon I want to start watching the Blu-rays again, season by season.

alexpop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.