Lost: The Sixth and Final Season-"The End" (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

That ending sure sucked, eh? Am I right or am I right? :p

Vidiot likes this.
  2. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Oh, is it that time of year again, where we have our annual debate over whether the ending of Lost sucked or not? :p

JohnBeas, DreadPikathulhu and Lonson like this.
  3. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

This is the thread that never ends. It just goes on & on, my friends.

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Still trying to get the Lost Encyclopedia.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There's a buncha used copies up on Amazon for like $6 each. It's a very good book.

alexpop likes this.
  6. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

I just watched the whole series again a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. I was a good show. Not the end, but most everything up to to the last few episodes was really fun TV for me, and I don't watch TV. I would consider getting a TV again if there were more good quality shows.

Vidiot likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I only worked on the first four seasons of Lost (on and off, not a regular thing), but the show was 100% 35mm 3-perf negative, all edited and finished in HD. Very beautiful show from a visual point of view. I'm proud of one episode I did from start to finish, which was "The Constant" -- the episode where they reveal that Desmond has the ability to time-travel. I think it was the best episode of the entire series, and that was pretty much all my color in the final show.

I often have this argument with friends who are very anti-TV. I honestly feel like today is a new Golden Age of TV, where there's at least a dozen very fine TV series out there if you look for them. I would consider Daredevil, Sense8, Better Call Saul, Walking Dead, Mr. Robot, Game of Thrones, Fargo, House of Cards, Sherlock, and Downton Abbey (which just ended) are fantastic shows, as good or better than any TV series ever made IMHO. For comedies, I think Veep and Silicon Valley are way up there, too.

numer9 and alexpop like this.
  8. alexpop

Thx for heads up.

9. alexpop

Yes i was initially poo poo with Downton Abbey, but it was a lovely series i must admit. Waiting for Sense8 s1 box.

Vidiot likes this.
  10. EdogawaRampo

I've watched a few episodes of Walking Dead. Pretty good. I'd probably find those you mention good too. Just finding the time. So many things to do, age slowing me down, but the amount of stuff to do isn't decreasing.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Same here. I couldn't watch anything if it wasn't for the DirecTV DVR. I just get season's passes for the shows I like, and then on the rare occasions I have the time, I have a marathon viewing session and catch up. If the show slows down, I just fast forward through it if I have to. Without commercials, the shows are only 42 minutes, and I can blow through a bunch of those in an evening. The national average for TV viewing is about 5-6 hours a day for most people; I think we barely watch 8 hours of TV a week, but we try to be very selective and just watch the good stuff.

On the other hand... I'm slogging through some past episodes of The Flash and The Blacklist, and those have gotten pretty crappy lately. I may bail on those. I bailed on Supergirl when it exceeded my threshold of stupidity, and there were a few others that kinda fell off the radar. Some of these weird cable/Pay TV shows are really worth watching. Stuff like Mr. Robot is damn near the weirdest show on television, the epitome of what you could never get on traditional network TV, but it's a pretty striking show... kind of like watching a bizarre French impressionistic indie film on acid.

12. EdogawaRampo

Mr. Robot. Gotta remember that. Sounds like my kinda show.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It's a nutty, nutty show. But I gotta say, it might be the single most original TV series on television. There are elements of Lost in there, particularly in vast conspiracies, hidden organizations, people with ulterior motives, unexpected twists, and shocking reveals. One thing that makes Mr. Robot particularly weird is we have an unreliable narrator with the hero, because he's schizophrenic: we never know if what he sees and hears is really happening, or if he's just crazy. Or maybe a little of both.

14. EdogawaRampo

That sounds excellent. And exceedingly rare: a TV program that makes you think.

15. alexpop

Do you think they'll ever do a 4K version of this show. The locations looked stunning, I can only imagine how better it will look in 4K?

16. alexpop

Did you play the PS3 game ?

17. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Here's the perfect place to write this:
    On "Talking With Chris Hardwick", Damon makes a joke about how he thought of doing a 'spin-off' of Hurley, Ben, and Walt....
    but, ONLY if it was a 'sit-com'!

18. alexpop

Pleased Mathew Fox got a good film role in Bone Tomahawk.

19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Just rewatched Season 1.

Awesome show. Forgot so many things about how special it was.

Sean Murdock and Lonson like this.
  20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Naaaa, too busy. I avoid video games because I suspect I'd like them too much, then I'd waste more time, and I'd get even less work done.

Matthew Fox has had a rough last few years. Most of the other actors have worked far more than he has in other shows and films.

It would be incredibly expensive, because all the film scans were done only in HD. I think it would be a solid 2 years of work to redo the shows in 4K, plus all the VFX and titles would have to be redone from scratch. But it is technically possible.

alexpop likes this.
  21. alexpop

Any chance of the proposed LOST reboot?

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There was a time I would say there's no way, but ya know, anything is possible. But I suspect that J.J. Abrams, Carlton Cuse, and Damon Lindelof would rather do new projects.

23. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

ABC owns the show, and Damon and Carlton said many times during their run that the network was free to do whatever they wanted with the "LOST" property after they were done with their series. With shows and movies being rebooted all the time, I'd say it's definitely possible, but not for a few more years.

alexpop likes this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Maybe instead of a reboot, they could get all the surviving actors back and shoot an ending that makes sense this time. :realmad:

alexpop likes this.
  25. alexpop

I always thought another season.
    But, then I always wanted more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.