Lost: The Sixth and Final Season-"The End" (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Would that apply to The Sopranos?

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yep. Playing "Don't Stop Believing" and cutting to black is not a satisfying ending.

alexpop likes this.
  3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I thought the ending to Lost made perfect sense.

:hide:

4. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

So did I, and I still do.

5. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Me too.

I'm enjoying the wild sit com parody of LOST. . . "Wrecked."

PhantomStranger and Encuentro like this.
  6. I don't think there is very much chance Lost gets reissued in 4K. What we got on the Blu-rays are basically the show's final masters.

It's only a matter of time before Lost gets rebooted by ABC for a new series. Given the increasing remake frenzy, it could be as soon as 3-5 more years.

alexpop likes this.
  7. alexpop

ABC reboot?
    Be nice if some of the old cast were involved.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's all anybody has ever seen. The show was mastered from day one to D5 digital videotape from 3-perf 35mm negative (with rare exceptions of 4-perf stock footage); I don't know if they went to a file-based workflow by the end of production. What is true is that they went in and pulled stuff out for syndication, and then I think some extra scenes were included on Blu-ray, but I think those were done as extra bits at the end of the disc.

alexpop likes this.
  9. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

And The Sopranos as well.

10. alexpop

Sopranos?
    Ending?
    I had to check to see if I had power failure.

Breaking Bad ? Very ingenious ending.

The Wire?
    For a powerful series, soft ending.

11. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I agree. Its season six as a whole that's the problem. The arc of the story is drawn out....but that final episode is very powerful

12. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

GregM likes this.
  13. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

I just rewatched this whole series and WOW... I guess I didnt watch it right the first time, cause everything is pretty cohesive. I remember I thought it was so stupid that the island moved and this time around I was like Holy **** that is bad ass. A lot of answers I never realized like Desmond actually caused the plan to crash when he missed his number punching cue. Too much to really say but it was really good the 2nd run. Wonder if anyone ever made a version with just the island stuff and no off island stories.

Encuentro likes this.
  14. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Damon also admitted, in that interview with Hardwick, that adding new characters in that last season was truly the wrong thing!

Sean Murdock likes this.
  15. alexpop

Season 1&2 were the best.

16. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

Yea I was gonna say that. or I dunnno maybe they should of just done a spin off with one show being LOST - The Survivors and the other LOST - THE HOLY SHOW. and do all that shrine stuff and Jacob stuff but

even thats hard cause it was really cool how after the shrine was destroyed how Kate and Sawyer came out as the sketchy not good people (like when the smoke looked shocked that he saw Kate walking out of there)

LOST - OFF THE ISLAND BACK STORY STUFF> I dunno. and what was The Iran dude (forgot his name) never redeemable cause of lifes work and thats why he was killed and made into a dead person basically

It was really cohesive and not many shows can draw great emotion but DAMN Desmond and Penny was an awesome story, you really felt their bond (damn I forgot how cool their reuniting was)

Just too much to say esp since Im late and this is a season 6 thread

alexpop likes this.
  17. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

The wife and I totally agree...
    "The Constant" was such a great episode, that it could have been a movie ON IT'S OWN!
    My wife's favorite episode. She cries every time.

Sean Murdock and jojopuppyfish like this.
  18. alexpop

What about the alternative "what if" with Sawyer as a cop? That could have been expanded.

19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

BTW, this thread is 7 & a half years old now. Lol.

20. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I love the series, but it suffers from having been made when lengthy seasons were the norm and the writers didn't have a concise plan on how to get to the ending they wanted. I have zero interest in a remake, but if it were done today we'd have ten-to-twelve episode seasons and much less filler.

21. alexpop

I would rather have a LOST pt2, extension. New cast/old cast ..rather than reboot. But, would be interested whatever anyway.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  22. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Ok, I'll bite. This has spoilers so stop reading if you've been living under a rock and never watched Sopranos in its entirety. There were many reasons Chase ended it by cutting abruptly to black. To understand why, you need to follow the clues of that final scene and understand that Tony was being targeted by the man in the members only jacket who had walked into the bathroom moments earlier. You also need to remember the conversation between Tony and Bobby about not hearing a sound when you're whacked. Finally, you have to realize that the Sopranos were America's most beloved TV family at the time and it was inconceivable to riddle them with bullets and shower them in blood just to satisfy the base instincts of the "Breaking Bad" crowd. Sopranos was always a more elevated, well written show and the ending was in keeping with that. It really couldn't have ended any other way.

23. alexpop

I'm aware of the storyline.
    Just seemed a bit obvious to me.

24. GregM

GregM The expanding man

If it was obvious...a) why did you check to see if you had a power failure (millions of viewers were just as surprised as you including yours truly) and b) who authorized the hit and could have had knowledge about where T would be having dinner? Sheer brilliance.

25. alexpop

a) I was joking.
    b( "sheer brilliance " lazy writing more like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.