Lou Gramm's pre Foreigner band Black Sheep...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jimmy Agates, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

Anyone know if the 2 albums they recorded for Capitol were ever released on cd or the European compilation that came out years later???

Heard a few tracks on You Tube and it's amazing how good Lou sounds...no wonder Mick Jones secured him for Foreigner!

jammincrowe likes this.
  2. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

I've looked year after year and never been able to find CD releases for either album. At one point I had needledrops of both albums, but the quality was so-so. I wish Capitol or someone else would realize what they have and at least release a twofer. If the Sky albums with a pre-Knack Doug Fieger can find release on CD, these two albums should as well.

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

I've looked for these on CD for years too. Their guitarist Don Mancuso used to sell CD copies on his personal website, but I always figured they were likely needle drops. Don't know for sure tho. You might try a web search on his name and see.

Mark

4. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

I did notice a cd copy on Ebay but I'm guessing its a bootleg. The seller has a couple of neutral/negative feedbacks from buyers claiming things they bought were boots...

Hard to believe these wouldn't have ever been reissued....Someone like One Way used to do a lot of Capitol stuff...

5. tron1974

tron1974 Senior Member

With Lou Gramm being local I would have thought I would have seen this at some point but have not. I will need to keep a more close lookout.

As a side note, he regularly attends event here and has sung the nation anthem at a number of times.

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Can he sing anymore? I thought the reason he was out of Foreigner is that he can't really sing. I definitely saw some live thing with him that was...not so good...

7. tron1974

tron1974 Senior Member

Yeah, he can't quite hit the notes as he used to, but he can still sing a bit. I am not sure would pay to see him perform these days, but it's cool to see him around.

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

Lou left Foreigner in 2003 after resuming his solo career for various reasons. He & Mick Jones have recently revealed that they've found a few old Foreigner demos of previously unreleased songs they may finish up and release. Most likely online only I suspect.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.