Lounge Audio LCR Tube Phono Pre-amp

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ctgregory, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctgregory

ctgregory Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm really surprised that no one posted this yet - and apologies if I missed it - but this looks really exciting.

From Lounge Audio's Facebook page:

We have the LCR Tube ready for sale at a promotional price for the next couple of months. Send us an email if you are interested.

[​IMG]

2. Minty_fresh

Minty_fresh Forum Resident

I don’t do Facebook but it’s not on the site. Any details about it?

JackG likes this.
  3. ServingTheMusic

ServingTheMusic Forum Resident

4. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

5. ctgregory

ctgregory Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't have any additional information on pricing - I'm having issues with my turntable that need to be addressed before getting a new preamp - but here is some other information from his FB postings (which I hope Robert doesn't mind - if he does, I'll take down the info):

Here you have a close up of the loading bay with 3 banks on the LCR Tube. You can add whatever resistor values or types as well as caps that will fit in this socket. You can even make it mono if you want.

[​IMG]

6. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I am not on Facebook either, so thank you for starting this thread to share with everyone. And like @Minty_fresh, I checked the Lounge website and didn’t see anything. I look forward to more news and pricing!

JackG, Minty_fresh and ctgregory like this.
  7. bwalk63

bwalk63 Well-Known Member

sounds like this could be very good. I am very close to choosing a new phono stage and almost pulled the Trigger on the LCR MKIII. I may have to save up for the Tube. Introductory price $900

mike catucci likes this.
  8. Kristofa

Oh

9. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Isn't member @morinix one of the people behind Lounge?

mike catucci and morinix like this.
  10. Minty_fresh

Minty_fresh Forum Resident

Correct

morinix likes this.
  11. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Love to hear more about this unit. Given my experience with the Lounge LCR and the tremendous improvement to my system for $300, I am very curious to hear this unit. I am very curious to add some tubes to my analogue chain. I am thrilled with my new Parasound Jc3 Jr. preamp, it was an excellent improvement. But my curiosity for a lounge tube phono might supersede logic in this case that this is the last component of my chain that I need to upgrade.

mike catucci and punkmusick like this.
  12. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Great to see this exciting expansion of the Lounge line, I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on this one!

Since I’m here, just wished to add that yesterday I received my silver wire and capacitor upgraded LCR mkIII and Copla and they sound fantastic. I’ll share more thoughts in the thread dedicated to this by @Benzion after I’ve spent a bit more time playing records.

bluemooze, 33na3rd, ranch 22b and 2 others like this.
  13. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Does anyone know what the HOMC gain is?

14. bwalk63

Here is what I was informed about in the email I got when I first inquired about the Lounge Tube.

The LCRTube is a hybrid preamp that uses JFET tube cascode configuration. The tube front end feeds opamps that drive the LCR RIAA circuit. The tubes are 6DJ8 but it can take any other tube of this family such as 6922. The LCRTube has a three section loading bay to allow for user configurable input impedance to what ever resistor/capacitor termination value you want. This allows you to have different impedances to accommodate different cartridges eg MM, HOMC, LOMC or the same cartridge with different loading depending on the recording idiosyncrasies or even set it to mono if you like.

15. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

On the picture I saw, it shows the gain for mm and mc on the front but it looks like the homc setting is blank.

16. bwalk63

I am a complete novice to Tube Phono Stages or tubes of any kind for that matter. Just a rookie here.

17. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

C'mon, let's talk about the Lounge.

500Homeruns likes this.
  18. ServingTheMusic

ServingTheMusic Forum Resident

$900 is more than I expected...but it looks incredibly nice...

19. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Let's keep it civil, folks.

Please & thank you.

20. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

This might be the next phono stage in my system. Either the Lounge Tube or a full blown tube phono stage from Rogue.

21. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

You may want to check the Decware ZP1. I have one (and I also own three tube amps from Rogue, including their M-150 monoblocks).

Decware Zen Triode Phono.

I have one with NOS tubes in it and am very pleased with it.

[​IMG]

bajaed and Bananas&blow like this.
  22. joeym3

joeym3 Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. One very important question. Does this new Lounge tube phono pre have the cool blue light when it's turned on?

23. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Lol, looks like it from the photo. But in my experience of having the lounge LCR powered on for a year straight, the novelty of the blue light is soon forgotten. The excellent sound for an affordable component is not soon forgotten however.

24. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

I dig the blue light. :)

25. Kristofa

I would like the blue light more if it illuminated more evenly throughout the semi-transparent plastic, but it is super bright in one spot near the center and a bit reflective in others. It seemed a bit haphazard to me. I was looking into buying some of those Light Dims sheets to help distribute it more evenly. Now I just turn the unit off at the power strip when not in use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.