Lounge Audio Phono Pre Amp

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by jmrife, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I use the blue jeans cables with my lounge and other stuff next time I need cables I'll buy them from lounge. Trying to get my buddy to buy a lounge too since it will be his first stand alone pre amp he should have it for years...

morinix and Helom like this.
  2. Helom

Helom Forum member

You mean they don't have asteroid harvested, superconductor unobtanium copper? o_O

3. :laugh: Sorry, just normal, environmentally destructive strip mining copper... approved by my wife of course. ;)

Blank Slate, Helom and Opeth like this.
  4. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Thanks
    So coax cable is suitable for audio (it must be if you're using it)?
    That kind of surprises me, but I'm not a tech so I should defer to those that are :)

5. It works fine. Good, thick copper braid surrounding a solid copper center conductor. Lots of standard audio cable is stranded center conductor and not copper shielding.

6. bguzman

bguzman Forum Resident

Of course. :D

morinix likes this.
  7. swvahokie

swvahokie Forum Resident

What are the performance gains of the LCR gold and the LCR tube vs. the MkIII? And what is a ballbark idea of the cost? One last question. I don't really need a headphone amp and volume control, but I sure could use a mono switch. Could a mono switch be substituted for the volume control?

dbsea likes this.
  8. bguzman

bguzman Forum Resident

^^^ What he said.

9. Both units have significantly better resolution and frequency extension than the MKIII. Gold has better frequency extension than Tube. Tube has a rich liquid midrange while Gold is more austere and accurate.

When you bounce the two units off each other they really demonstrate the classic concept of the tube vs. transistor sound. Each unit shines in it's own way.

LCR Tube has a front panel 3 bank switch that is user configurable. Any of those 3 banks could be made to operate in mono.

ThorensSme and Blank Slate like this.
  10. Helom

Helom Forum member

Was there a new product line announcement that I missed?

bluemooze and Joe Spivey like this.
  11. We announced both products on Facebook. We showed them at the LA Audio Show. There are youtube videos about it on the Lounge Audio youtube channel.

12. arem

arem Forum Resident

Robert, if you instituted some kind of trade-in/upgrade program I'm sure we'd all be very interested, please consider it!

bguzman, Helom and 500Homeruns like this.
  13. Please PM me.

Vinyl Addict and arem like this.
  14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Have price points for these new models been established?

15. irender

irender Forum Resident

I like my MKIII so much I'm almost afraid to get a gold. A mono switch on the gold would be inviting. Really inviting.

16. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Yes I am very curious about the gold and tube offerings now.. Love my MKIII but a lounge tube amp sounds yummy.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  17. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

18. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Mmmmm.......LCR Tube. I'm interested.:shh:

19. MattG

MattG Unreliable Narrator

Can the LCR Tube be set up with a mono switch and a subsonic filter?

20. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

Will there be loading options on the tube version or are we stuck with the typical 47k load?

21. Not a subsonic filter.
    LCR Tube has 3 user configurable loading banks that can be set for whatever values you want.

22. When is this being released ? Have the MKIII but this looks interesting too especially if it supports an LOMC cart

23. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I'm holding off on the LCR MKIII until I see how these new models perform and at what price point

Gumboo likes this.
  24. Blank Slate

Blank Slate Forum Resident

I really, really like my MKIII but an LCR Tube sounds intriguing. I am looking forward to getting additional information.

25. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

thanks for stopping by Robert!

When are these products available? Tubes...hmmm...tubes.

500Homeruns likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.