Low-end amp for bass in tri-amp setup...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by latheofheaven, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog... Thread Starter

Thanks man! Yeah, my friend used to share the listening room with me and he had a Nitty Gritty. When he left several years ago, I looked online until I found really good instructions on how to build one. And Dude! This does a WAY better job than the nitty gritty, mainly because with an entire full size stand up vacuum cleaner, the suction is enormous! also the velvet pad and groove along the suction tube is longer, so it completely gets ALL the solution off the record from label to past the outer edge...

And now, especially since I just started using Audio Intelligence products, the records get amazingly clean :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    timind and SandAndGlass like this.
  2. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog... Thread Starter

Wow, got that puppy going today in my system. Even though it is of course stone cold and needs to be broken in for a few days, I could still tell quite a difference in the sound. I have to break in the phono section in my other amp for the highs now too because I've been using one amp for the highs and one for the lows. So, I'm now using the other phono section in the other amp to run the highs Dual-Mono. So, between that and the new Crown running the lows, there was a LOT of harshness. But, even with that I could STILL tell an immediate difference. There is a certain 'something' about Dual-Mono sound, a very subtle spatial quality that comes from the complete separation of the channels that I really like. So, that will be nice once the other phono section is warmed up for a few days.

The lows were instantly tighter, WAY less muddy, and way more defined. So, THAT should be nice once the Crown is warmed up too :)

A big 'THANK YOU' again for the excellent suggestion!

Here's a picture with my new Crown added to my system:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    SandAndGlass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.