LP Sightings in movies

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by pasta, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vex

vex New Member

In the movie "More" there is the bedroom scene where they put on a record and "light up". The music is Pink Floyd.

2. spot1019

spot1019 Forum Resident

In DAS BOOT they spin some 78s on the ship, such as A Long Way to Tipperary, and later some Edith Piaf.

in Fun with Dick and Jane, George Segal holds up a record store clerk with a gun inside a slit open LP jacket while telling the clerk to say "sir that Bessie Smith album is not in yet".

Badlands, Martin Sheen cuts his confession on a phonograph left behind at the scene of his crime.

Oh Brother Where Art Thou, features records spinnin at the radio stations.

Debbie Does Dallas, there's a scene in a record store.

In an old Columbo episode someone uses an ADC programmable table to
    commit a murder.

3. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I pretty sure there were LP's in all of these movies, but I do not remember which LP's

The Big Chill
    Blow Up
    And at least one of the James Bond movie with Sean Connery.

4. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Not an album but...
    In the movie "Shoot the Moon" there was a big "Pink Floyd The Wall" poster in one of the kids rooms. "Shoot the Moon" was also an Alan Parker movie so I guess it was a bit of product placement advertising

5. Joe Nino-Hernes

Joe Nino-Hernes Active Member

Kind of off topic, but there is that commercial for immodium diarrhea medicine, where they say "where will you be when your diarrhea comes back?" and that lady is in the record store, and her diarrhea comes back, and you hear the record rip off as she runs to the bathroom.

Sorry for the thread crap... :D :D

6. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Poor, really poor bathroom humor :sigh:

7. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

There's that famous scene where "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" is put on from The Temptations Anthology.

8. Joe Nino-Hernes

Joe Nino-Hernes Active Member

Im sorry, I couldent help it. :sigh: Most of my humor is pretty corny.

9. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Joe takes thread crapping literally

10. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

In Things Behind The Sun there is much vinyl-spinning with lots of The Left Banke playing, notably Walk Away Renee.

11. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

In an old Michael Caine spy movie from the 60's called "The Billion Dollar Brain", there's a scene where some anti-communist eastern European partisans that Caine's character is helping are at their hideout listening to The Beatles ("A Hard Day's Night", I believe, although it's been 20 years since I last saw it), and one of them was holding a copy of "Rubber Soul" (once again, to the best of my recollection).

James

12. MikePh

MikePh Forum Resident/Song and Dance Man

My girlfriend rented "Inventing The Abbotts" the other night in an effort to track down and view every Jennifer Connelly film ever made. This movie opens up with a teen-ager in the late 1950's staring fondly at a 70's reissue of an Elvis Presley LP. It sort of ruined the whole premise for me, but I'm sure most people wouldn't notice...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.