"LUCY" new film by Luc Besson (2014) starring Scarlett Johansson & Morgan Freeman

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dogpile, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner. Thread Starter

Oh Luc...you definitely did not access or utilize your brains full capacity :sigh:

2. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

If you liked the trailer, you'll love the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought it was really creative, original and fun. I also dug the spiritual aspects he incorporates - very cool. One critic said Taken meets Tree of Life. It certainly isn't perfect but a really un formulaic 90 minutes.

Mazzy and Michael like this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks for the positive input...I know I will love this. I can't name a bad movie by Luc or anything by Scarlet...

4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Always a first.

5. There are thousands of films that take place in the modern real world with bizzare premises. Ever see the Crank films w Jason Statham to name two.

6. Is also say the Superman Batman all the Super Hero movies takes place in modern Times. Then there is Ghost and on and on.

7. Those were live action videogames-cum-cartoons in intent and execution.

8. So? They are all sci fi and fantasy. Armageddon, Jurrasic Park, X The Man with the X Ray Eyes. Jeez it's a friggen sci fi action film.

chacha likes this.
  9. supermd

supermd Senior Member

This "fact" - which a lot of people believe, by the way - is a big reason I am turned off by this movie. Not only are they using, as you put it, a discredited factoid, but most people who see this movie will believe it's true. This is one of those factoids you have heard throughout your life but never really thought about, and I think this movie will make it a real fact for some. I just hate misinformation. Isn't the public scientifically illiterate enough?

If they used a totally made-up thing, I wouldn't mind one bit. It's fiction. But to use something that many people already think is true? Nope.

Dudley Morris, Deesky and wayneklein like this.
  10. shokhead

Most people will believe it's true! I think not.

Mazzy likes this.
  11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I think so, and like I said above, it's because this factoid has been making the rounds for years. If it was a completely made-up thing, nobody would believe it. A film like this can cause such a thing to be reinforced. Only people who know otherwise will not believe it.

Deesky likes this.
  12. Michael

not for me...

13. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

Crank 2 has the funniest scene ever in an action comedy - when the male horse leaps over the prostrate couple below. I was still laughing 2 weeks later.

Mazzy likes this.
  14. Looks fun to me although the comment about not using most of our brain just isn't true. UNless you're Michael Bay or me on the weekend...

Mazzy likes this.
  15. Yes shocking and a mockery of science.

To quote another :

"This "fact" - which a lot of people believe, by the way - is a big reason I am turned off by this movie. Not only are they using, as you put it, a discredited factoid, but most people who see this movie will believe it's true. This is one of those factoids you have heard throughout your life but never really thought about, and I think this movie will make it a real fact for some. I just hate misinformation. Isn't the public scientifically illiterate enough?"

:tiphat:

16. ROLO46

ROLO46 Forum Resident

Same old ****e for teenagers

17. Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy. Another ****ing movie where the science is not accurate. Dame these film makers !!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Lownote30 likes this.
  18. Michael

as in others...eye candy sweet surrender...

19. Michael

who needs accuracy when we have kick ass CGI action.
    Praise them!

Mazzy likes this.
  20. shokhead

Not sure about the kick ass part.

21. Michael

I was referring to GCI in general...it kicks ass.

22. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

We saw "Lucy" today. It was a very enjoyable movie to us. Maybe we only used 10% of our brains watching it, but oh what a fun 10% that was!:D

Mazzy likes this.
  23. shokhead

:agree:

24. Michael

Indeed...

25. F**king dames!!!

Mazzy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.