Lunch with Bill Levenson today Allman Brothers Band listening party

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rck60s, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rck60s

rck60s Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Gonna be a good time today...BBQ at Bills house with Bill, Kirk West my friend Doug and maybe G Scott Walden to listen to the 5.1 ABB at the Fillmore 5.1 discs...I wonder if we will get thru all 3( 6 shows)....Kirk wanted to bring a tent and camp out( for those of you who don't know who he is, he was with the Allman Bros on the road for years and was the creator of The Big House in Macon)...We all said no, just sit inside and listen on Bill's amazing system....

2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Looking forward to hearing about the party.

Long Live Analog likes this.
  3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Please post a review of the food. Sure, and the music, too.

Have fun!

4. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

Looking forward to hearing more about this! I'm just making plans for a trip to the Big House in September before the last ABB show...

5. rck60s

Just returned from Bill's house and I can't wait till Tuesday to get my set....We listened to the whole First Night both shows and the second show of the second night in 5.1 Surround on Bills system and it was like you were in the audience of the Fillmore...I was there with Kirk West( Allman's stage manager for over 20 years),Joe Bell( business manager for Hittin The Note Magazine), My friend Doug ( who has seen over 100 Allman Brothers shows over the years) and Bill.....The unreleased stuff is amazing, the horns are freakin cool( they only are on the first night and are played by this musician Juicy) Bobby Caldwell( Johnny Winter's drummer) is on the first night as well....If you are an Allman Brothers fan do yourself a favor and get the 5.1 Blu Ray audio set....It took my breath away.....I saw all 6 shows back in 1971 and this recording made me feel like I was in the audience again....

6. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Do you mean all 5 shows? The 4 from March and 1 from June? Or are you saying there were 2 more from March 11th that weren't recorded?

7. rck60s

Yes I thought I had typed in 5 as I was typing on my cell phone....

lukpac likes this.
  8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Thanks for your thoughts on the new 5.1 Fillmore Recordings. I can't wait to get my Blu Ray set next Tuesday :).

Bill

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks for the review and for sharing the experience. Hopefully I'll have my copy next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.