MAD MEN -- Season SIX Official Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hard Panner

Hard Panner Baroque Popsike & Fuzz

2. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

In the scene where Don stormed out and said "Call me in 1970", there was artwork on the table that looked just like the real introductory ads for the Chevy Vega, including a picture of the car. I don't imagine there would have been pictures of it already in 1968.

3. misterdecibel

4. Hard Panner

Looks like an illustration to me, not a photo.

5. misterdecibel

That's why I said "picture"...

The design of the Vega was not even finalized at that time, and photos of clay models from summer 1968 look very different.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

BZync and PhilBorder like this.
  7. alanb

alanb Senior Member

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I use that word all the time, borrowed from Bugs Bunny!

9. Hard Panner

10. misterdecibel

Hard Panner likes this.
  11. Roger Sterling takes his 4 year old grandson to see Planet Of The Apes. :laugh:

12. So it take Don to be rejected by his mistress and his ex-wife to see clearly about his relationship with Megan? Is he ever going to get it?

13. White_Noise

White_Noise Forum Resident

Another disappointing episode, besides Don sleeping with Betty and Peggy stabbing that insufferable hippie. No real advancement in any significant plot. Getting tired of these kind of episodes. Still think this season is better than last season. The episodes are still somewhat entertaining...but nothing really happens.

How the hell are the writers running out of ideas, it's 1968 for ****s sake. I always thought the show would get better as the decade became more turbulent. Yet the episodes set during the "boring" part of the 60s are stunning and the episodes set during the crazy part of the 60s are dull.

I felt for Peggy at the end of the episode though. Know that feeling.

14. Well it didn't. With Bob helping out Pete it could help forge a stronger bond between Pete and Joan now that they share a common situation with their mothers living with them.

Interesting to see Duck Phillips back. Wonder if that plot line will develop any further, mabye an end of the season cliff hanger with Pete thinking of moving on.

15. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Well, at least this episode was better than last weeks. With that being said, nothing much happened in THIS episode, either, except maybe Don is waking up to the fact that he has to change, or he's going to end up with nobody.

Again, they stretched things with Peggy stabbing Abe with a home made bayonet. And Betty sleeping with Don...........shes been mad at Don for quite awhile. She would risk her marriage and her whole new life for one night ? She knew that her husband was coming to the camp the next morning...what if he came up a little early? That whole scene is really stretching the believable reality of this show.

16. peteham

peteham Senior Member

Yeah, I was disappointed with those two plot turns as well. It pains me that I'm waiting for this season to turn around, knowing full well it most likely won't.

17. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

Why carry on watching then? The constant whining is making this thread a drag.

ssmith3046 and Hard Panner like this.
  18. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Damn, Don and Betty back in the saddle again.

19. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

My only regret is that she didn't kill him right then and there.

20. White_Noise

White_Noise Forum Resident

I was hoping she'd push the knife in further when he broke up with her in the ambulance and went on to say the incident would be a perfect ending for his piece. I mean, it's easy to lose your balance in the back of a moving ambulance.

Dudley Morris and Driver 8 like this.
  21. Hard Panner

"Who's going to watch TV with him, Bob Bunsen?" - Roger Sterling

22. Hard Panner

What is wrong with you people?!?!

boyjohn likes this.
  23. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Re-watching the episode, Abe says to Peggy in the ambulance: "Your activities are offensive to my every waking moment." What a tool. Hope someone else buys him a new apartment to live in.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  24. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Poor Peggy putting herself out there to Ted and getting shot down.

25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i still firmly believe this show is actually about peggy olson and not don draper. even though there are now two don drapers.

i don't know why people say "nothing is happening" in these episodes. are you all expecting an action movie? hell, even episodes of the sopranos seemingly had nothing going on. until you paid attention to what you were watching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.