Made In USA portable record player

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MikeInFla, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida Thread Starter

I found a retro-looking record player Made In USA. They go out of their way to say they use non-Chinese components. But they are steep at over $1200. They look like something my daughter would enjoy but it doesn't look like the tracking can be adjusted at all.

Anyway, here it is with some videos, the 4th video is Pink Floyd "Time".

http://recordplayerusa.com/samples/

2. McLover

McLover Senior Member

$1200. Looks like a glorified Califone school phono to me. Ceramic cartridge and likely too high tracking force for comfort. You can get a rebuilt old Califone for huge amounts of money less, especially if transistorized. But for me, these are best for 78 RPM use. In all in one portables, look for a Voice Of Music or an older Zenith, which are far better phonos.

3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida Thread Starter

I was just browsing around to see what was actually Made In USA after seeing everything else that is Hanpin. The Orbit entry level at $179 looks decent enough but the one above for $1299 is steep. I did play the Pink Floyd video and it sounded fine but as you stated it probably has a high tracking force. The Record Player USA looks like something my 13 year old daughter would enjoy in her room. But not at $1299.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.