Madonna's new music video has cameo appearances by Beyonce,Kanye West,Katy Perry,Miley Cyrus,etc.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyQuest, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

Not buying any of this. She's trend-chasing. She's certainly done that before. She's trying for a hit - hence the video. Do you really think she's gonna use Beyoncé, Katy Perry, and the others who aren't in on her "joke"?

Ed

2. Nostaljack

The song really is awful and so is the video. It's that simple this time.

Ed

3. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

This time, yes.

Gaslight, Nostaljack and JohnnyQuest like this.
  4. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident Thread Starter

bob60, Bobby Morrow and ralphb like this.
  5. Nostaljack

Dag! The Autotune on this thing is set to stun! Listen to the opening phrase - heck, listen to all of it. It's Cyber-Donna! I can't get past it. Sorry. I really did try.

Ed

tin ears and Bobby Morrow like this.
  6. Nostaljack

???

Ed

7. ralphb

I'd love it if she would work with people like El-P or Jamie xx if she insists on being cutting edge.

8. Nostaljack

Cutting edge is cool. Madonna has always been known for really good melodies. It's possible to have both.

Ed

9. ralphb

Ditto.

10. JohnnyQuest

One of the most offensive comments I've read on this board. Damn dude...:sigh:

Marko L. and bob60 like this.
  11. ralphb

Of course it is. She certainly has done it before and there's really no reason why she can't do it again. I've always thought she's a terrific songwriter, and if you have the tunes, the rest will follow.

Nostaljack likes this.
  12. Nostaljack

One of? I think it takes the prize.

Ed

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  13. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

I meant no offense. In any event I have deleted my comment.

14. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

Wrong wrong, wrong. She said it's her favorite song on the album. She loves this song and says she looks to her kids to keep her up on what's hip. She has talked a lot about the making of this song. Madonna is desperate to be hip with the youth and trying to get a huge hit club track. This was never ever meant to be a put down or mockery of today's music..

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Nostaljack likes this.
  15. Nostaljack

Excellent choice. I respect that.

Ed

16. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Stone Turntable would have spontaneously combusted if he'd read that!

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  17. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Of course she would say that. What would you say outloud, "Yeah, I'm taking all the no-talent hacks in the industry to task?" No, you say, "I love the song. My kids love it" ASIDE: Yeah, cause it's the hip hop bubblegum crap they're listening to.

18. Thom

Thom Forum Resident

Well, the video helped make "Bitch I'm Madonna" her first Hot 100 'hit' since February 2012 ("Give Me All Your Luvin'" which of course also featured Nicki Minaj). That said, it debuted at No. 84, and then dropped to No. 95. But still, a Hot 100 hit for Madonna! :thumbsup:

JohnnyQuest and Bobby Morrow like this.
  19. Bobby Morrow

Not exactly 'Papa Don't Preach', but it still made the chart. Bet she's jumping for joy.:D

Thom likes this.
  20. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Or cussing her kids for pointing her in the wrong direction.....

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  21. Thom

Thom Forum Resident

It also hit No. 22 in Portugal; No. 33 in Bulgaria; No. 49 in Spain; No. 67 in Canada; and No. 90 in France. o_O I'm sure Madonna has an assistant who keeps a colour-coded map of the world showing countries where she still makes the charts (Madonna 'hot spots'). It didn't/hasn't charted in the UK, NZ or Australia, however.

bob60 and Bobby Morrow like this.
  22. Bobby Morrow

You'd think a 56 year old woman would know when her kids were taking the piss.

Dudley Morris and bob60 like this.
  23. Thom

Thom Forum Resident

It's difficult to believe "Hung Up" was just a decade ago. That one was a No. 1 hit in the UK and was on the charts for 40 weeks. It all looked so sweet for Madonna then. I just can't see her having a hit on that scale ever again. All she needed then was an ABBA sample and a pink leotard. Now even with a who's who of contemporary pop stars in her video she hardly makes the charts. :sigh:

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  24. JohnnyQuest

She probably doesn't give a crap.

25. Thom

Thom Forum Resident

You think? I don't know. I think she does. Like, what does Madonna do this for if not to have hits? :confused: I thought her whole motivation for chasing the latest trends on HC, MDNA and RH and doing videos like "Bitch I'm Madonna" was to hit the charts and 'compete' with the current pop superstars. Madonna's always been very competitive; I'm sure she hates seeing each song/video off Rebel Heart 'flop'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.