Magnavox FP7130 turntable question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by erocky, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erocky

erocky Senior Member Thread Starter

I just picked one of these up. I have having trouble getting it going. The platter won't start spinning when I move the tone arm over. I tried the power supply and I get noise when I plug it into my receiver which leads me to believe that I have power. Could the motor be burned out? Does the belt need fixed?

I am attaching some picture. I also need a needle. Anyone know anything about one of these?

2. erocky

erocky Senior Member Thread Starter

How do you post pictures on here?

I took a few of the turntable but I can't seem to upload them here.

3. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident

You need to host images on a third party site. Tis is the free one I use: Postimage.org — free image hosting / image upload Once you upload to here, they will provide a link to use in the forum.

4. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

Does the platter spin freely if you turn it by hand? Lift up the black mat and check that there is a belt and that it is in contact with the motor spindle. Is the motor spindle turning when you move the tonearm over?

5. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

Upload your pics to that site, and when that site displays the pic, right-click and choose "Copy Image" not "Copy Image Address", then in a comment here right-click and choose "Paste" and your pic will appear here.

That type turntable of that age probably has a broken or disintegrated belt which will have to be replaced after cleaning any remnants off the underside of the turntable platter, easy with rubbing alcohol. Much less likely is the motor could be dead, not worth repairing for this model, but if the motor is working it's ok enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.