Manhattan the tv show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by shane, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shane

shane Active Member Thread Starter

Is anyone watching this new show?

2. nightfall

nightfall Senior Member

Just finished watching the first 13 episodes on Hulu. Freakin' awesome show!

3. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I'm about halfway through watching it on HULU. This is a great show. It's obscure coming from WGN in Chicago, but if you are reading this and have Hulu I recomend that you check it out. It's about the Manhattan project and the people who worked on it.

4. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

I just finished episode 12 on HuluPlus and am really enjoying it. At this point too many are letting personal garbage get in the way of the important science and math, but this may be people just being defective people many are.

Great so far, but you must start at the beginning to fully understand it.

5. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident

Some outstanding writing and acting, but the story line has too many jumping the shark moments.

Lets hope they rein things in a bit for Season 2.

Plenty of interesting historical material to explore in the development of the atomic bomb without detonating so much melodrama.

6. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

Manhattan:
    Season Two Premieres Tonight; Sneak Peeks
    http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/manhattan-wgns-season-two-premieres-tonight-sneak-peeks-38662/

"Manhattan
    is the most underrated prestige drama on television"

[...]
    "As it turns out, that level of secrecy also extends to Manhattan's production; there are several things I saw on the set, and in the first few episodes of the second season, that I've been asked not to reveal. But I can say that Manhattan has doubled down on what worked about its superlative first season, with a series of twisty gambits that push the series into thrilling and unexpected territory."
    [...]

http://theweek.com/articles/580771/manhattan-most-underrated-prestige-drama-television

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  7. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

Nobody watching this? http://wgnamerica.com/series/Manhattan
    The last episode had me glued.

"Set against the backdrop of the greatest clandestine race against time in the history of science with the mission to build the world's first atomic bomb in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Flawed scientists and their families attempt to co-exist in a world where secrets and lies infiltrate every aspect of their lives."

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  8. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Loved season one which I saw on Hulu, looks like we Hulu folks will be waiting for season 2, it's not available yet (sigh).

9. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Just finished Season 1 on the excellent looking and sounding Blu-ray set. . . . Have all the episodes so far taped for Season 2. . . but am tempted to wait ten months or so for the Blu-ray set as what I have taped is only available in SD.

10. StereoFanOregon

StereoFanOregon Forum Resident

IMHO, season 2 has been a letdown. The episodes seem horribly rushed and certain storylines exaggerated.

11. Lonson

Season 2 is on Blu-ray and DVD now, available this week. I've watched Episode 1 twice (interrupted first time around and this is dense stuff!). . . really enjoying it.

12. Lonson

Continuing on Season 2, just over half way, slowly savoring each episode. Just love this show. This is the only show I've watched this year that rivals Better Call Saul.

13. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Found this hidden away on Amazon Prime a few days ago. It's fantastic.

It's a really good watch. I'd love more of the technical/design stuff but that's just the war buff in me. I haven't got round to reading up the Manhattan Project so not sure how many fictional elements/characters they have added in.

Nearly finished Season 1. Unfortunately Season 2 isn't free to watch yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.