Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is a go...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Ming Na is teh hawtness.

"Agents Of Shield" was threatening to turn into X-Men or Heroes for a couple of episodes, but seems to have recovered.

--Geoff

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The most recent episode was OK, but I still feel like I'm only watching it so I can understand what's going on in the next Marvel movie.

3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Starting to get very interesting with Sky's father.

Nice seeing Adrianna Palicki on the show. Always liked her on Friday Night Lights.....

4. tommy-thewho

Not sure what is going on with Ward.

Coulson must have known Ward would easily be able to break out of that lousy security and go after his brother.

5. It's part of a plan.

6. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm enjoying this season. Interesting tonal shifts compared to last year and I think the additional characters have helped the overall structure. Longtime Whedon regular Reed Diamond is a fun, slimy villain as well.

7. I hope this season doesn't turn into "Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull" although it sure seems headed that way...

8. tommy-thewho

Raina is an interesting character also...

Must be a big back story to her.

9. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

My wife and I are both enjoying this season a lot more, too. The additional characters have really enriched the drama, and the storyline's been quite interesting as well.

10. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

I see Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. is back ...

Are No-Eyes-Teleport-Dude and Porcupine-Rena supposed to be existing Marvel comic book characters that may be important for upcoming Marvel films (like the Nazi hydra dude at the end Agent Carter who was also in the latest Cap'n Murka film, IIRC) ?

--Geoff

11. tommy-thewho

Sif was on last night. Always fun watching her. Never realized how tall she is...

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

13. I was a big fan of last season's second half, the show was running on all cylinders. I think most of season two has been a near disaster despite liking most of these characters. Skye received one of the worst make-overs I've ever seen on a female network lead and the show's plot absolutely destroyed two of its easiest characters to root for- Fitz and Simmons. It has been all downhill since they had the Absorbing Man in the first episode. It is widely speculated ABC would have canceled the show already if not for its connection to the Marvel film universe, Disney is exerting some pressure to keep it around.

The only thing working is the introduction of Mockingbird.

14. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Even that is being bungled by introducing the "Mack and Bobbi have a secret agenda" storyline by awkwardly having them discuss their secret agenda.

15. progrocker71

More accurately that would be ABC is below Univision, which cannot solely be blamed on this show. There were 3 other shows on that same evening; Fresh Off The Boat (1.6), Repeat After Me (1.1) and Person Of Interest (1.5 - same as SHIELD).

16. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Do they factor in Hulu into the ratings? That's where I watch Agents.

17. progrocker71

Very much the same as last season I'm enjoying this show *just enough* to keep watching it. I think they are handling the overall plot aspects of the show better this season, but it seems to have lost the warmer, funnier aspects from last year. I agree with PhantomStranger about the Fitz/Simmons characters, they just royally botched one of the better relationships they had in season one. Plus, by making Skye a full agent and then hinging the plot on her transformation they also managed to remove all her humorous aspects. I understand how they wanted to partially reboot the show this year, but they shouldn't have messed with that aspect.

Lonson likes this.
  18. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

We're still watching and liking it. I agree with how breaking up the Fitz/Simmons dynamic has hurt the team vibe. Everything is more serious, and there is less humor. Although the injection of humor at the end of last night's episode with Lady Sif and Vin-Tak was welcome. When I saw Eddie McClintock in the mix, I knew there was going to be something humorous at some point.

Also, I just have to say I find it very hard to believe that Ming Na Wen is 51 years old - she sure doesn't look it!

19. tommy-thewho

I felt the show last year really kicked up when Bill Paxton joined on.

We need someone like him to come in boost it up.

20. I also don't like the Fitz/Simmons thing either. Resolve it already! Otherwise, I'm still enjoying the show.

21. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Dang it. I was expecting Samuel L. Jackson to walk into view at the end of the last episode, instead of just a close up of a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo.

... and it looks like they're going back to the Heroes/X-men "let's get a bunch of mutants together" plot again.

--Geoff

22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Fitz/Simmons displayed a bit of their lost back-and-forth in last week's ep. Perhaps the show runners will put that relationship back together soon. They'd better!

kevywevy likes this.
  23. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Blandy McSquareJaw is back! I'd forgotten about him ...

--Geoff

24. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I don't get Karla Faye Gideon's (Drea De Matteo) "power". Those nails look ridiculous. And if they were unwanted, and were implanted by doctors (ie. not an inate born condition), then why couldn't they be removed???

25. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

RE: Last episode - Attention Agents showrunners: You're losing me - Repeat - Losing me...

- Another independent rogue SHIELD operation? Really?
    - How does a high-tech facial feature manipulation device give you: First, 32 D cups; Second, man neck+body?
    - Fitz/Simmons interaction: Two giant steps back
    - Rogue SHIELD aircraft carrier HQ: 12 hours from land via stolen submersible; just around the block for double-agent operatives
    - Cringe-worthy impromptu comedy routine by Brigadier General Glenn Talbot

Lonson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.