Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is a go...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

It has been fun!!

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  2. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

The show has been one I've been waiting for to be great, but it was average to okay the first 2 1/2 seasons. Things started ramping up between the last half of season 3 and first have of season 4. Now the show is epic! The Aida/Ratcliff Life Model Decoy story arc is working beautifully. The show is finally up there with the best of the best Whedon Produced shows like Angel and Buffy at their peak. I think it helps that the show is no longer a slave to the movies. Glad I was patient enough to stay with the show!

tdavis0903 and davidb1 like this.
  3. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

This LMD premise gets better and better, you can't trust anyone and the montage-spoiler alert- at the end of this 2/21/2017 episode was incredible. I mean May somehow at the Hydra World Headquarters, what the...???

I am a huge Who fan and Pete Townshend's story of Lifehouse was the story that led the Who's Next when the storyline proved too complicated to explain let alone film. This LMD story and the Framework is similar in that the mind experiences and guides everything, the body wasn't needed and everything was supplied by a network called the grid, hell Internet avatar fantasies are like this today and this storyline on AoS has so many twists and turns, loving it.

At the center, this always seemed Coulson's story as his movie appearances made him a star in the Marvel universe even as a secondary character to the super heroes, but now I care as much what happens to all of them, in a make believe world kind of way ;-)

Can't wait for April and more episodes. The Mack and Coulson flying through the air when Daisy throws the ball of fury, really cool!! And Aida, who knew androids could be that hot, at least since Austin Powers baby!

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  4. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I'm enjoying the "What If...." storyline so far.

5. tommy-thewho

Loving the new episodes. Evil Fitz....

6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

And Good Guy Ward!

7. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Currently up to episode 10 of season 4 and really enjoying it. Hasn't dragged at all.

8. tommy-thewho

Best season by far....

GeoffC likes this.
  9. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

This show just keeps getting better. I truly love this season thus far.

GeoffC likes this.
  10. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

11. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I just watched this week's episode tonight. Fitz's dad is awesome! I know the character is the one driving Fitz into being a super bad guy, but the actor playing him is doing a great job. This season's storyline is really fun too. There's not been too many super powers shown in these episodes either. It's been mostly character driven.

12. tommy-thewho

only one episode left. ghost rider comes back next week...

crazy aida is way off her rocker....

hoping it gets renewed...

misterbozz likes this.
  13. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Renewed, or almost: American Housewife, Black-ish, Designated Survivor, The Goldbergs, Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Middle, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, Scandal, Speechless

14. tommy-thewho

Glad to hear.

What was the meaning of the last scene in the final with Coulson.

Ghost Rider needs his own show.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  15. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

We are not supposed to know, but I would not be too surprised if it ties MAoS into the upcoming Inhumans series somehow.

16. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

Have to say that this has been a really strong season, full of surprises and good performances.

F_C_FRANKLIN and tdavis0903 like this.
  17. tommy-thewho

Thanks Ken....

18. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

19. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Lonson likes this.
  20. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Great! Thanks.

21. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

This new season is exactly what I’ve been looking for since ABC so spectacularly botched The Inhumans. What an opener!

misterbozz, jriems and audiomixer like this.
  22. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

This was really fun! It's a shame that its ratings were so poor, but I hope it picks up viewers as this season progresses.

23. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

There was some great Whedon-esque humor in this opening 2-hour season premiere. Enjoyed it immensely.

wayneklein likes this.
  24. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I am somewhat ambivalent about this seasons setting.

On one hand, I am pissed that the writers again put our heroes into another non-Earth setting, thus separating them from the rest of the Marvel movie-verse. On the other hand, by the end of the two-hour opener, I found it enjoyable in many respects (if more than a bit confusing & clunky at the beginning). Will see how it goes...

25. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I’m not sure what you are talking about. A lot of this opener crossed over with Guardians of the Galaxy, and the destruction could very well be caused by the coming of Thanos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.