Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is a go...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

That story line wrapped up a few months ago.

2. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Ah, OK, its just airing now in the UK.

3. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

just got caught up again. I knew they weren't out of the woods yet with the whole 'Blow up the world' thing. Looks like this one is going to go right down to the wire. I liked that some of the characters think they can't be killed because of things that happen to them in the future but it also kinda confirms my theory that someone significant is going to get iced before the season is over.

I was thinking last night that this show has gotten relentlessly dark over the last few seasons. Whoever is writing the show now really has it in for these characters. Even the villains have a rough time.

4. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

"Calamari Mata Hari" - heh, heh... :p

GrahamBW likes this.
  5. Holerbot6000

Yeah Talbot got in several squid jokes in a very short amount of time but that was the best one! :righton: Glad to see he's still kicking! He's probably my favorite of Coulson's many nemeses.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  6. Holerbot6000

Just caught up on the 'You Die More than Anyone I Know' episode. All those references to immortality and death. Someone is definitely not getting out of this season alive. You can't really kill off Coulson - if Clark Gregg leaves the show, I think that's the final nail. I also can't see them killing off Fitz or Simmons, but they seem to love heaping pain and suffering on poor Mac, so I'm thinking Yoyo, bionic arms and all, is going to sacrifice herself somehow. Total guess though. The way this season has gone, anything is possible.

My only gripe right now is that May is being so underutilized in the current storyline. She's like the kinder, gentler mother hen, driving everyone around and fretting about them. Pissed off May is always better. She really needs to kick the snot out of someone stat.

Erik Tracy likes this.
  7. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Loved that last part.

8. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Since their whole mission is to break the timeline that breaks the Earth, it seems inevitable that one of the "invincibles" will have to die to prove they achieved their goal. Of course, the existence of Deke in the present would be a pretty major paradox in any success scenario, so he may be on the way out as well.

9. Holerbot6000

I reckon once they break the timeline for good, Deke will simply disappear into the future and then Fitz and Simmons will realize that they need to get to boinkin' to make sure their little family actually happens. Interesting because, despite their big romance, they are oddly sexless characters, even though Simmons is fundamentally quite hot.

10. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I fail to understand how the smartest, science-oriented characters are convinced they are invincible because they saw themselves in the future, yet seem to think they can change that very future.

RolandG, Dok and misterbozz like this.
  11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

This season is decent but I loved last season the most.

12. Holerbot6000

Ooookay. First Daisy is robbing her mom's grave to save Coulson and then, according to next week's previews, General Talbot becomes a Gravitonium infused space god. Nope, I did not see that one coming. Now what? Is Reed gonna show up again in the finale?

They've gotta renew this show. It's completely, wonderfully nuts!

fitzysbuna, OneChance and Dok like this.
  13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Stan Lee's Lucky Man.
    What's the general opinion on this tv series?

14. Holerbot6000

I love it but I don't think it's super popular. It might be a victim of super hero fatigue, but I also think it might push at the boundaries of people's ability to suspend disbelief because it pretty much goes off the rails on a regular basis. Network TV isn't getting much love these days and perhaps rightly so, but I have found AOS to be consistently entertaining and just plain fun. Alas, I think this next season, truncated and shoved into next summer, will be it's last.

wayneklein likes this.
  15. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

It’s coming back in a few weeks, but I’m passing. It’s gotten old & tired...

16. I liked all of the seasons although the last season seemed like a desperate attempt to save money by setting it on a nondescript space station.

audiomixer likes this.
  17. Indeed, one gets the idea that ABC kept it around only because parent company Walt Disney decreed it after buying Marvel.

audiomixer likes this.
  18. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

More like next week, right? Unless it's a flashback/preview episode (I haven't read the description for the ep.).

19. Dok

Dok Senior Member

20. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Forum Resident

I'm down for season six....interesting that former Coulson playing a villain this time around. It's one of the only TV show series that's more integrated with the films and I believe is set after 'Endgame'. I got the other five seasons so looking forward to this one!

21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Hard ‘MEH’

22. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Meanwhile, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will soon be coming to an end, but Burke teased that another Marvel series might be in production soon, and they've "just started conversations" with Marvel Television Executive Vice President Jeph Loeb and Marvel Entertainment President Dan Buckley.Zach Seemayer‍,Entertainment Tonight

23. Holerbot6000

Ive loved Agents since the beginning. I know it's whacko and that's exactly why I like it. Pure comic book energy. I haven't seen the finale yet but thoroughly enjoyed season six and was over the moon when they announced that they would get one more season to wrap things up. Maybe they can figure out a way to bring Black Canary back, or, dare I say it, even Ward!!!!

jriems likes this.
  24. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Has anyone watched the first two episodes of Season 7?

25. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Yes. A little time travel to a 1931 Big Apple , some bad ass chronicoms, and a reconstituted Coulson. What more you could ask for? An eighth season? ;)

dsdu and misterbozz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.