Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is a go...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

This show needs Hydra, A.I.M. and Victor Von Doom. That should help it a bit. :)

2. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Nice! :righton:

3. He's not; he's just an alien.

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I keep forgetting that this show is on. It's pretty sad when Bates Motel is more compelling TV than Agents of SHIELD.

5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident Thread Starter

It hasn't been on (typical broadcast TV crap), reruns for the last 2 weeks. It returns for a 7-episode run of new episodes on April 1st to finish out the season.

I enjoy both Bates Motel and S.H.I.E.L.D., two shows that are COMPLETELY different from one another and I don't think are comparable.

6. DreadPikathulhu

They're comparable (to me at least) in that one is consistently entertaining and the other is not.

7. progrocker71

Okay, I'll disagree and say they are both consistently entertaining...to me.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That'd blow the entire season budget in two episodes!

9. You'll never see Dr. Doom on this show, Fox owns his television and movie rights via their Fantastic Four license.

10. DreadPikathulhu

They could do the Red Skull. Unfortunately, they removed the Nazi references so he's not quite as fun as he once was. How about Hate Monger, there's a classic Marvel villain?

11. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

It needs more of this:

[​IMG]

groundharp likes this.
  12. They really could have borrowed some of Steranko's groundbreaking art design for their opening credits, at the very least. I wish it were Joss Whedon himself running this show, instead of his relatives.

13. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I agree with this entire post.

14. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Well, that occurred to me. But Geez, they could come up with something heavier than the villains they've had.

15. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Decent episode last night.... Bill Paxton is a welcome surprise...

16. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I thought the way they handled Deathlok's look via the X-ray was a great nod to the character's comic book look. Perhaps in time the TV version will end up looking like the comic book version all the time, but I doubt it due to budget constraints. Anyway, this was cool:

[​IMG]

17. Dok

Dok Senior Member

I was wondering if they were going to tie in with the new Captain America film after seeing the trailer for it, haven't seen the movie yet. Then there is this promo for the upcoming episode. Makes me want to see the movie before watching! In fact one of the commenter's had this to say, "People from the US you better watch captain america before the episode, because I've just watched it and I know what's coming and is going to be EPIC."

18. progrocker71

Without spoilers all I can really say is that seeing the film prior to Tuesdays episode would be a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I saw Captain last night so I'm all set...

After watching the movies the t.v. show seems so low budget...

20. progrocker71

Of course it does, a TV show will never be able to come anywhere close to the same budget as one of these films.

21. TV seems to be the one area where Marvel is having a bit more difficult time reaching those blockbuster numbers. The lack of a major superhero character no doubt has played a role. Bringing in Sith was a good move but, what would bring all together, is to bring in some of the minor choice characters from the Marvel universe and tie them in.

22. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I stopped recording and watching a while back. I found it dull, with characters I didn't like that much. It must be getting decent ratings to still be on.

23. DreadPikathulhu

Where the new Captain America movie succeeds is having non-powered characters play a major role. The only character in that movie that would cause a strain of the effects budget would be the Falcon, the rest could be done quite easily with practical effects. I haven't followed Marvel comics for decades, but I'm sure there are characters that would be successfully portrayed on a TV show. There must be someone similar to Hawkeye or the Black Widow who could be added?

24. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Kinda like the whole Marvel franchise...IMHO.

25. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

Daredevil

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.