MARVEL'S Fantastic Four 2015

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds Thread Starter

Teaser trailer:

xdawg likes this.
  2. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

It looks dark.

3. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Yay...another reahash of the origin story.

I can wait.

4. Are they teens now? At the next reboot wave, all the superheroes will be toddlers.

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

The 4 lead actors ages range from 28 to 32, so that would be no on the teenager question.

6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm kind of looking forward to this one. I'm hoping it is something different.

mikeyt likes this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

Apparently it's based on the Ultimate Fantastic Four series (which I haven't read), which allowed Marvel to reboot their most popular titles in an alternate universe and modernize their origins and characters.

I guess I'd rather they take this approach than do what the other two movies did and use some of the Lee/Kirby elements while changing other things, such as Doom, to make it totally stupid.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I will love this as I did the others.

9. Unimpressed. I hate what they've done going back to reboot something yet again. Just continue the story and do what Marvel wisely did with "The Incredible Hulk" --summarize the origins story with all of its changes. I'm not a fan of the "Ultimates for F4".

Then again this is just the trailer so I will wait and see but this darker F4 doesn't work for me.

If you're going to reboot it at least do it in a clever fashion like the "X-Men" reboot.

The Pinhead and xdawg like this.
  10. Michael

before we trash and smash it let's see it first...

xdawg likes this.
  11. I agree.,I'm not going to trash it although I don't like the general look of the film and, if it is based on the Ultimates, I didn't care for that reboot myself (having caught up with it years later).

I just can't see rebooting something (even if it was critically reviled) again. I mean how many times do we need to see an origin story with the subtle differences?

Michael likes this.
  12. Michael

totally understandable my friend!

13. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

It's actually because of the failures that I look forward to this. If it sucks, so be it and I'll move on - but what it's awesome! I like the darker theme myself.

14. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I like most of the cast (individually) and I thought the previous attempt at this series was horrendous...so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

15. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I actually liked the two films, they really captured the Lee/Kirby FF of the first fifty issues or so, and that's the FF to me. I'll see this new one, but I'm not relishing the rebooting.

16. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I'll give it a shot.

17. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

On the flip side of this, shouldn't you wait to see it before declaring that you'll love it?

jriems likes this.
  18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

19. DreadPikathulhu

I actually like the '94 movie because I thought it captured the spirit perfectly.

The more recent films were OK, but I did not like what they did to the Doom character or Galactus, and I always pictured Sue Storm as more of a girl next door instead of a ravishing beauty queen.

20. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

21. Michael

22. Michael

no...I'm a fan and I will follow. a positive cannot be turned into a negative no matter how hard one tries...

23. Pretty soon it will be 9 days between reboots.

Ghostworld likes this.
  24. Michael

how about giving us a list...the link does not work. thanks.

25. Michael

if they are good enough I can dig it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.