Marvel's Iron Fist on Netflix 3/17

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by misterbozz, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I'd rate them like this:

Daredevil S1 = 8/10
    Daredevil S2 = 5/10 (though props must be given due to watching the later episodes helped me get to sleep. Plethora of ninjas = way boring and predictable)
    Jessica Jones - 8/10
    Luke Cage = zzzz after 2 episodes
    Iron Fist = zzzzzz

2. After Maybe the Third or fourth episode, Luke Cage becomes one of the best tv shows. If you gave up early, you really missed out.

3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Alfre Woodard played a great part as Mariah on Luke Cage.

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I just realized that the big black guy boning that supergirl with the issues is this Luke guy. I'm so confused.

What kind of superhero name is IRON FIST? Like naming a Native American superhero YELLOW STREAM.

Mazzy and GodShifter like this.
  5. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

Luke boning?

[​IMG]

6. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Shame they didn't think to get a deaf person to punch him in the throat. Show over by the end of episode 1.

Deesky likes this.
  7. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

So, Season 2 begins in 4 days. Looks to be a significant improvement - and I love that Clayton Barber is handling the fight choreography too. His work on Creed and Black Panther was truly remarkable. Denis Villeneuve - take note! :)

8. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Kind of given up on the Netflix Marvel shows. The only ones we are still waiting for are Season 3 of Daredevil (but if endless ninjas turn up and Electra Electra Electra, we are out this time for good).

And of course...Punisher!

For some reason we did watch all of Iron Fist season 1 but not sure if we'll go for 2.

Michael Rose likes this.
  9. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Well, take into account that the Season 1 Showrunner Scott Buck is gone which is excellent news. Season 2 is already looking promising - and we'll finally get to see his costume too.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  10. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member Thread Starter

Season 2 has dropped, 10 episodes, each slightly shorter - after the amount of padding in Jessica Jones 2 and a good portion of Luke Cage 2 being given over to musical guests and montage shots of people looking moody, this is a welcome development!

Shawn likes this.
  11. Agree. I think all of the Netflix Marvel shows are too long by a few episodes so hopefully the 10 episode format will tighten things up for S2 of Iron Fist. And here’s hoping the other shows go to 10 episodes, although I’m not sure how many seasons we’ll get at this point.

12. Coppertop Tester

Coppertop Tester Forum Resident

Are you implying that it's racist? When I first heard that superhero name many years ago, the first thing that popped into my mind was the narrator of "Sixteen Tons". I don't know if Merle Travis intended him to be Asian when he wrote that song. :laugh:

"If you see me comin', better step aside
    A lotta men didn't, a lotta men died
    I've got one fist of iron, the other of steel
    If the right one don't a get you
    Then the left one will"

13. BrentR79

BrentR79 Forum Resident

I'm looking forward to the new season. I thought S1 was just so-so. My biggest beef was that for a guy that spent 15 years training, meditating and learning to control his powers, Danny had all the control of a 5 year old when he got to the real world. His appearances in The Defenders, and Luke Cage S2 give me hope that the show runners have gotten a better grasp on how to better write the character. I'm also glad that they went to only 10 episodes, some of these Marvel shows tend to drag on a bit.

14. tommy-thewho

I'm 2 episodes in.

I like it better than Season 1 so far.

I've always had a thing for Alice Eve....

chrischerm likes this.
  15. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

I'm 7 EP in and struggling to care. Alice Eve is by far the best thing in this season.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  16. misterbozz

Definite step up over S1 for me in terms of pacing (still glacial in places) and character arcs.
    Common complaint seems to be there isn't much Iron Fist in it, can't argue with that - a bit of a
    Alice Eve's Typhoid Mary is indeed great fun. Fight sequences definitely better than the first season - not so epic as Daredevil but short, sharp and to the point.
    Davos doesn't really cut it as the main villain for me initially but does seem quite unhinged in the latter episodes.
    Overall left me wanting S3, which I couldn't say about Jessica Jones or Luke Cage (the latter just made a strong case for 'Heroes for Hire', as this series seems to point to 'Daughters of the Dragon').

17. tommy-thewho

5 episodes in.

I would like more from Colleen.

Liked her better in season 1 and Defenders.

Loving Mary!!!

18. tommy-thewho

Last episode I watched was silly.

Danny spends years training in K'un L'un to become the Iron Fist and then asks Colleen to teach him.

Stupid writing. Danny should know 100 times more than Colleen about martial arts.

wolfram and daglesj like this.
  19. tommy-thewho

Finished up Season 2.

Last 5 minutes was awesome.

Personal thoughts.

Much better than Season 1.

Danny has improved a lot. strong finish.

Ward was better in season 1. loved his performance in 1

Joy not a fan

Davos not a fan

Colleen started slow strong finish

Mary well done

Misty solid needed more of her

Crane sisters interesting

misterbozz likes this.
  20. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

S2 was the last. Show is canceled

21. misterbozz

Unfortunate, given that S2 was demonstrably better than the second series of both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

22. tommy-thewho

Sad to hear.

I would have loved a season 3 in Asia.

23. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Darn, I'm about 3/4 of the way through Season 2 and I liked the first season a lot. But then as I'm not streaming Netflix this is one more show I don't have to seek out. . . . So far I've managed to see all the shows I want to on Netflix except Season 2 of Marco Polo. . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.