Marvel's LUKE CAGE coming to Netflix Sept 30, 2016

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I'm not crazy about this second season. The dialogue seems really clunky, the fight scenes are clumsily choreographed, and the acting is overly dramatic, especially Alfre Woodard, whom I usually like. I have liked previous Marvel series (Season 1 of Daredevil, both seasons of Jessica Jones), so this is a real disappointment. And I usually watch with subtitles, which is a very good thing during the scenes with the Jamaican characters, because otherwise I'd be lost.

misterbozz and jpelg like this.
  2. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

We binge watched season 2 over Sat. & Sun. and loved it. The acting was strong, the dialogue sharp with perfect timing (even Finn Jone's single episode appearance as Danny Rand, which could've easily been the weak link in LCII given his acting in Iron Fist). I can find things to nit-pick about the series ...such as overuse of certain familiar locations for combat like the Paradise club, cinema & Rand building... (and I'll agree with you to a point about Alfre Woodard's character's excessive mood swings), but the pacing worked just fine for us.

Everyone's mileage varies, I guess.

:cheers:
    Cat

3. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I'm glad you liked it.

4. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I too have been disappointed with this season. After two episodes I am bored to tears & asked myself "why am I still watching this?" So, I'm not...

5. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Halfway through...there is a decent 8x40 minute per episode series desperately trying to get out.

Shawn likes this.
  6. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

And the subtitles were wrong on many occasions. What they actually tried to do was translate. Bit insulting, no?

Splungeworthy likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

8. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Wow! Luke Cage was a solid Marvel series with quite a few fans. Not a good choice for cancellation, IMO.

I'll wager Netflix is going to get a lot of blowback for pulling this off their roster. It was the only ethnically diverse series I'm aware of built around a strong black hero and African-American community culture. :shake:

:cheers:
    Cat

9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Netflix knows exactly how many 'fans' follow the show, which is probably why the cancelled it...

Vidiot likes this.
  10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think there is a lot of conflict and bad blood between Disney/Marvel and Netflix at the moment.

Deesky likes this.
  11. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I haven't seen S2 yet, but I really liked the first one.

But it seems that the new season like every other marvel series is to drawn out, to many episodes.

R. Cat Conrad and Mr. H like this.
  12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Bummer.

13. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I haven’t watched all the seasons of all of Netflix’s Marvel shows, but season 1 of LC was very well done. Sad to see if cancelled so soon.

R. Cat Conrad likes this.
  14. Bummer, I would have preferred Jessica Jones getting cancelled (if I had to choose one).

15. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Depressing news. Loved the series. Loads more life in it I reckon.

R. Cat Conrad likes this.
  16. Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai Forum Resident

I'll miss Misty Knight:love:, and I liked the bad guy from season 2. Other than that the show was okay, better than Iron Fist. I feel 8-10 episodes would be better, too much filler.

17. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Sad to hear.

Iron Fist I could see but not Luke.

Rather Jessica Jones instead of Luke.

18. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Black Lightning? Which is excellent imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.