Massive Attack Blue Lines new package available on November 19th

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by abor1g, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

The cd sounds great - definitely louder than the original but we all knew that. I have not given it a critical listen since I'm busy doing things but the outro on the title track sounded different, so the mixing has changed.

The packaging is very poor however. First, the cd comes in a cardboard box with tabs, like something you would see on a Bjork release (thumbs down!). I would have preferred just a slip case. Worse, the "liner notes" consist of a stock card like you would see in a budget release. There is no booklet at all. Finally, the "credits" peek out through the hole in the jewel case, but you can't read them because they used a solid black cd holder instead of a clear one!

What idiot designed this????

2. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

Hi everyone, I am very excited about this release, especially the high-rez portion. Are there any other sound quality comments for people that have listened to the 24/96 either on DVD or with the download?

3. Shank's Pony

Shank's Pony Forum Resident

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Would also like to hear more about the high-rez... I don't need the vinyl (my UK originals sound great), but I'll go for the deulxe if the high-rez stuff is worth hearing... one of my all-time favorite albums here...

5. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

Sorry to revive an old thread, but has anyone compared this double vinyl Blue Lines reissue to the original 1st press?

I don't really want all the CD/high res stuff so thought I might take a look at the original press.

6. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

The box set is up on popmarket today for $60...

7. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

The album is great !!

8. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Take it as it's a GREAT set.

9. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Can you tell us some more? I've never gotten around to this set, since it always has seemed overpriced for basically just three copies of the same album (vinyl/cd/high-res stereo dvd). I love the album, but it seems an underwhelming set to me, especially at the price it goes for...

10. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

It's the best version you can get. If you only want the vinyl sell the rest.
    I see them sometimes offered for about $45.

11. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Forum Resident

So which is the best version to play on a high end system - 2012 vinyl (LP12) or 2012 hi res download from Quobuz or HDTracks (Klimax DS)?

12. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Pulled this off the shelf this morning.....glorious!!!

jimhb, Lord Summerisle and jamesc like this.
  13. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Ordered this yesterday on Pop Market. $49 with the code. I've always wanted to try this set out but maybe not at $80. Still available there I believe.

14. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Great question... anyone know?

15. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Forum Resident

Wow- you found my old post. I can tell you it sounds great on the Klimax DS. Never went for the vinyl. Maybe Popmarket at $49 might do it.

jamesc likes this.
  16. CARPEYOLO

CARPEYOLO Forum Resident

Anyone have any comparisons from the 2012 RM vinyl vs an original pressing?

17. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

same question here!!!
    by the way... there are two versions of the 1st press (one normal and other with a mailer jacket (like the 2012 reissue))

18. ludovico

ludovico Forum Resident

BUMP!

I am going to buy the box set, I have the original single LP vinyl and the CD. Is the 2xLP set a huge improvement over the single LP release?

19. contium

contium Forum Resident

jamesc and Dubmart like this.
  20. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

21. prunus-

prunus- Forum Resident

Order today :cool: thanks ......

Hymie the Robot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.