Masters of Sex?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mhw58, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antoniod

antoniod Forum Resident

I love Betty. I liked it when she kicked Beau Bridges out of the office: "OUT!! SCOOT!!!"

2. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I haven't been able to start this season for some reason.

3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Finally back on the air with new season.

Betty is funny as ever...

Looks like Bill has hit rock bottom.

4. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I am hoping someone here can help me. I get my TV OTA so for cable shows that we like I buy blurays of the season (or dvd's if no bluray is available). I do the vast majority of my video disc shopping at Amazon which usually has great supply and pretty good prices. We have Seasons 1 and 2 of Masters of Sex on bluray which we really enjoyed, especially given my St. Louis heritage and we are both WU alumni. I am trying to get Season 3 on bluray and all I can find is a German copy (duh) or what appears to be an English dvd copy being sold on the CBS website (does CBS own Showtime?). Can anyone clue me in why there is no English bluray of Season 3?

5. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

It's pretty weird there's been no word on season 3 after this long - not even a bare-bones burn-on-demand DVD-R edition. Maybe they're waiting until the current season ends and we'll get a Complete Seasons 3 & 4 set on BD?

Anyone know how well the first two seasons sold? Did they lose lots of money on them?

6. Tony Plachy

Sorry for the confusion, what I just posted here by accident (and deleted) belongs in a Hardware thread. :o

7. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Thanks for the heads up. The next thing they have to explore is M and J writing The Sensous Man and The Sensous Woman, to get information to the masses.

8. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

The third season of Masters Of Sex hasn't been released on either DVD or Blu-ray in North America. I assume this means that the previous seasons didn't sell very well. It has been released in some European countries. The French BD release is all-region, and aside from the text on the packaging, is entirely in English, including the menus, audio tracks and subtitles. I got my my copy from Amazon.fr.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  9. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

And now it's officially been cancelled. No season five. :disgust:

Why can't we have nice things?

10. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

Wow. This is the first I've heard of this. I DVR'd this season (so far) and just started watching them a few days ago. Did it get cancelled because of quality ( I have to admit that so far this season isn't very strong) or was it axed for other reasons?

11. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Fairly certain it wasn't a question of quality. I assume it's just poor ratings or maybe just not enough internet attention.

12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I haven't seen season 4 yet, but season 3 really took a nosedive in comparison to the previous two and, from what I've read online, season 4 was no better. I think it's definitely a quality issue...

13. Jim Pattison

I just noticed that the fourth and final season of Masters Of Sex is available as a Region 2 DVD from amazon.co.uk

This appears to be the one and only home video release for this title. If there's a Blu-ray release anywhere, I can't find it.

14. Chris DeVoe

It's a shame they ended the show before they wrote "The Sensuous Man" and "The Sensuous Woman".

15. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

That wasn't them. And Isaac Asimov's "The Sensuous Dirty Old Man" was better, anyway.

Jim Pattison likes this.
  16. Jim Pattison

I'm bumping this ancient thread one more time to pass along the news that Mill Creek will be releasing Masters Of Sex: The Complete Series on both Blu-Ray and DVD on August 7.

sloaches likes this.
  17. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Great news! although I guess that means that the $100 I spent on the first two seasons was just wasted, huh? Damn.

18. Tony Plachy

Jim, Thank you for the update! :righton:

19. Tony Plachy

Greg, I hope you mean Canadian dollars and not US dollars. I have the first two seasons in bluray and I did not drop $100 (US) on them.

20. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Lizzy Caplan in high-def? I think I might keel over and die!

Chris DeVoe, chacha and 93curr like this.
  21. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I don't recall exactly, but I ordered both seasons, when they first came out, from Amazon US. (the Canadian ones have bilingual covers :rant: ) I think they were about $40 US each, plus shipping + handling and customs charges.

22. Jim Pattison

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does that. I got the first two seasons from Amazon.com, the third (a French BD) from Amazon.fr, and the fourth (actually an Australian DVD) from Amazon.co.uk. I'll wait for reviews of the Mill Creek Blu-ray set before I decide if I want to buy the whole series again.

93curr likes this.
  23. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Thanks for the heads up. This was a great series that I think stopped too soon.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  24. Chris DeVoe

She definitely did quite a bit the image of women in science...and she wasn't even wearing glasses that she would take off to reveal her beauty.

guy incognito likes this.
  25. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

"Good gracious, Miss Sakamoto - you're beautiful!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.