McCartney Album "NEW" (2013), part21

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

At last a good video....

2. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I find it interesting that new videos were released to coincide with the Japan and US tours. Maybe there will be another one for the next leg?

theMess likes this.
  3. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I wonder if he will put Early Days in the setlist and drop the dreaded "On My Way To Work".

Beatles Fan 4 Life likes this.
  4. 5th-beatle

It's possible!

5. 5th-beatle

"Early Days" video on youtube

theMess likes this.
  6. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

One thing that I do like is how different the videos all are to each other, just like the songs are all very different.

7. 5th-beatle

Agreed. And we have quite a few videos from the album already. Keep them coming!

theMess likes this.
  8. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Didn't care much for the video ... and surely could have done without (the admittedly fleeting) images of guns. Don't see the relevance at all in a video about evolving musicians, and a song partly about a man who was killed with a handgun. Maybe I'm too sensitive, or else I'm getting soft.

mrjinks and BeatlesBop like this.
  9. She is anyway

She is anyway Well-Known Member

I don't know. I noticed it, too. It seemed at best sort of a self-conscious shot (no pun intended).

10. I liked the video, but I felt the same way as you. I don't want to politicize this issue but on a personal level, my first reaction was that it seemed jarring in a song partially about Lennon. I have no idea if it was carelessly or intentionally part of the video.

Maybe it will replace Here Today in the setlist. If it does, I'd prefer that a more personal video montage be shown at the concert - one with early pictures of John, Paul (and George) in their early days.

11. gibtti

gibtti Senior Member

I've got the New Japanese tour edition and the subtitles can be turned off.... :)

Chris

12. heatherly

I liked this fan made video.
    http://vimeo.com/m/77087014

Mr. E. Tramp and gottafeelin like this.
  13. 5th-beatle

I suppose they tried to recreate life in the Southern USA of the 50s, and maybe that brief scene with guns was something that would be not uncommon for boys growing up in that context?
    I don't know, maybe someone who actually lived through those early days can correct me if I'm wrong.

14. That video is indeed nicely done, but I'm picturing 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961 - the really early stuff... after John and Paul met and before they hooked up with Brian Epstein.. the skiffle and leather years. There might not be enough photos though.

foxylady and theMess like this.
  15. heatherly

I got ya, I think lack of filmed elements from that era posed a problem too.

16. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

I barely even noticed the guns, and I am totally anti-gun. The scene just felt like a totally realistic depiction of the American south circa 60 years ago. It's a great video, Paul's best in something like forever, and I hope he does the song live. But I really hope he keeps On My Way to Work in the set (though apparently it wasn't played tonight in Pittsburgh). It's a great song.

17. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

It would be nice if Early Days is added to the set list (in the next week please).
    <--------

foxylady and theMess like this.
  18. Paulismyname

Paulismyname Forum Resident

Really good video, almost mini movie like...and I am glad he didn't redo the vocal.

I was wondering something. Let's go back to a time before the real explosion of the internet and then social media, would NEW even have so many videos made if television was the only medium?

theMess likes this.
  19. heatherly

Flaming Pie had 4 videos, so did Off The Ground.

20. Paulismyname

Paulismyname Forum Resident

I didn't realize that, thanks heatherly!

21. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

And I daren't think how many were made for Flowers in the Dirt. Let's see...

My Brave Face, two for This One, Distractions (unreleased), Figure of Eight (full length and edit), Ou Est Le Soleil, Put It There, Party Party...

heatherly and theMess like this.
  22. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Some comments are a trip, it's just two friends playing with a BB gun probably, nothing more, nothing less, it was a totally different time. Maybe some of you don't remember but boys used to play cowboys and Indians back in the day, it meant absolutely nothing, just boys playing and having fun.

I know this is a totally foriegn idea to many in this overly politically correct world of today, but there was a time when things were just innocent!

As for the video, I like it (not the actual song so much). It would have fit the song Get Me Out Of Here much much better, especially with the old blues guys. I like that song they are playing at the very beginning and end of the video.

bocaymon, heatherly, DrBeatle and 2 others like this.
  23. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I was bored by the video to be honest. I think I would have rather had Paul just sitting on a stool and sing/play guitar with images of those "early days" projected on him or on the wall behind him.

24. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

On the basis that there won't be one, I'm holding out for the UK tour edition :)

gibtti likes this.
  25. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Someone's got it in for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.