McCartney Album "NEW" (2013), part22

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff Thread Starter

2. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Sooo... From McCartney Album "NEW" (2013), part21:

Andre Gardner played 'Hell To Pay' (and '4th Of July', 'Beware My Love' and 'Hey Diddle' from the upcoming 'Archive Releases') this morning at his Breakfast With The Beatles show at WMGK 102.9. No on demand stream...

theMess likes this.
  3. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I'm very much looking forward to the new Collector's Edition of NEW -- not only the two new studio tracks, but also the live tracks. Two of them ("Save Us" and "Everybody Out There") were on the last Japanese "Tour Edition" set, but only on the DVD. The performances were strong, and while I'm not usually interested in Macca's live recordings, when they are of current tracks that he's eager to promote, I like them.

4. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

It's nice to see some new live tracks from Paul (pun intended). The latest live release was Helter Skelter from the 12-12-12 concert.

5. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Well I might go for the new NEW deluxe-edition because of the unheard studio-tracks. Even though I am not entirely happy buying the thing again

Mazzy likes this.
  6. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Paul's got a new album out?

Mazzy likes this.
  7. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I stayed out of the argument/ discussion regarding Paul's song lyrics, because I don't look to Paul for deep, well thought out lyrics. I look at Paul as a melodist who needs lyrics so he can sing the melody he writes. What I think people need to keep in mind when the fur occasionally flies here is... 99% of the people posting in this thread have a deep love of Paul's music and we all have a deep personal commitment to that music so opinions are going to run strong here. As long as we realize that it's all a matter of degree or nuance between us when it comes to all things Paul discussed here, maybe personal rancor can be reduced to a minimum. We all are bonded one way or another through Paul's music. We don't need a family feud.:p

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  8. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Absolutely true

Glenn Christense likes this.
  9. Sean Murdock

Well said. :thumbsup:

10. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

It's interesting to me that I'm not sure which I'm looking forward to most: getting a couple of "new" unreleased songs or a bunch of "old" unreleased tracks on the Venus and Mars and Speed of Sound sets. I suspect that the newer outtakes will be better. Either way, I just wish they'd get 'em released already.

11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

And due to delays and other "production" screw-ups, both the Collector's Edition of NEW and the next 2 Archive sets (V&M and SOS) are coming out within one week of each other. So much for a cohesive plan....

And still waiting for that "Hope" song from the Destiny video game. That's bound to turn up somewhere eventually...

Arnie

Billy Budapest likes this.
  12. Paul H

I'd like to know whether there are any plans to make the whole Destiny soundtrack available physically. I'm happy to plonk down £13 for the iTunes download but not if a physical edition is going to happen at some point.

supermd likes this.
  13. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

For some reason many sets that are of interest for me are released at the same time. The various Macca-releases aside there is Dylans complete basement taoes and Elvis. Thats the way it is de luxe to name but a few. In that context the deluxe-edition of New are not first priority. But this is in fact a nice "problem". So much good stuff available.In fact it s a great time for us who enjoys archive-releases. Maybe not so great for our wallets though

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  14. Sean Murdock

There's definitely some cool stuff being released on the Archive sets (not to mention the upgraded remasters of the main albums), but since Paul is still actively making music that I really love, I think I'm actually looking forward to the Collector's Edition of NEW more. Only two new studio tracks, but they are actually NEW tracks -- as in, recorded within the last couple of years, in addition to being from the NEW sessions...

There's just too much stuff coming out this fall that I want, and there's no way I can afford it all! Two Archive sets, the Collector's NEW, the Macca tribute CD, two new Zeppelin remasters, a Wilco rarities box, a Springsteen remasters box, and a new Velvet Underground deluxe set. Not to mention George's Apple Years box (already acquired) and -- blowing a massive hole in my budget -- Dylan's Basement Tapes box (the only thing listed here that I've pre-ordered). I'm not even listing things I've already passed on, like the Beatles mono LPs, or the Beach Boys Made in California box (from two years ago!), or last year's Dylan Album Collection box, or the upcoming Kinks box. I've never seen this much stuff in my wheelhouse all being released at once.

15. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

So, just to recap for start of part 22:

The Collectors Edition of New, amazon.com details here.

Date of release: 27 October 2014
    Amazon price: $30-$31
    Bullmoose price: $28

Rumor has it the book format will be similar to the Good Evening New York City deluxe from a few years ago.
    [​IMG]

Bonus CD tracks reported on amazon as follows:

Disc: 2
    1. Struggle (previously available only in Japan)
    2. Hell To Pay (previously unreleased)
    3. Demon's Dance (previously unreleased)
    4. Save Us (Live at Tokyo Dome 2013)
    5. New (Live at Tokyo Dome 2013)
    6. Queenie Eye (Live at Tokyo Dome 2013)
    7. Everybody Out There (Live at Tokyo Dome 2013)

16. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I can't wait (well, I can a little... because I too am feeling a cramp in my wallet these days!). I love this album... the more, the merrier. :)

17. Paul H

Objectively, I agree. I want to hear new stuff while he's still around to make it, but there's something about finally getting your mitts on material you've heard of (or even heard illicitly) for so long that makes it very enticing. It actually occurred to me that I hadn't order the Archive discs so that's now been corrected :)

anthontherun likes this.
  18. Arnold Grove

Since we've gotten away from the contentious posts from last week, we should get back to posting stuff of much more important matters. Like:

With regard to the song "Demon's Dance", the title might not have an apostrophe. The song is listed in other places as "Demons Dance" (without the apostrophe). Big difference in meaning, and we need to discuss this before hearing it.

Anybody want to start?

Anybody?

Anybody at all?

Nobody.

Oh well....

;) Arnie

theMess likes this.
  19. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

One thought I've been having regarding NEW is that it is such a strong McCartney album (imo) that I feel it could stand nicely as the last album for Paul. Now, don't get me wrong ... I would love for Paul to be around for a long time to come, and I hope he has more good material and albums to offer... but if NEW was to be his last, it would really end on a high note. Not only musically, but attitude-wise; this is a rather upbeat album, all things considered.

I'm curious to hear what others think?

20. Sean Murdock

Yes, no doubt. In addition to the main albums sounding better than ever, I'm looking forward to "Junior's Farm" (also sounding better than ever), the single mix of "Letting Go," and the outtakes of "Going To New Orleans" and "Rockshow" and the Bonzo "Beware My Love." Oh, and OHC take of "Soily." There's other stuff too, but I haven't actually looked at the track lists in awhile. I've been listening to the Apple Years box for the last almost-month, and NEW has been in regular rotation for a year, so that's what's foremost in my mind. But budgetary considerations are forcing me to opt for only the 2-CD versions of V&M and SOS (until I can afford the book versions sometime in 2015), so I guess I'm down-playing them somewhat. They're definitely going to be good, though.

lennon_08518 and theMess like this.
  21. Sean Murdock

There's no apostrophe in the title in the official press release, and as a typesetter I agree that it makes a difference! :righton: (You could at least give us a few minutes to respond before deciding nobody cared! ;))

22. Arnold Grove

Yes, apostrophes (or their absence) do matter!!

Arnie

theMess, Paul H, JimC and 1 other person like this.
  23. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I agree a that this would be ending on a high note, by my opinion, his last few albums have been getting increasingly better. I thought Electric Arguments was the pinnacle, but then "New" came out, so it would be interesting to hear the next entry.
    I stll don't think this will be the be all end all "New" edition. There is still "Secret life of a Party Girl" still floating around out there,...

theMess likes this.
  24. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Apostrophes are defintively of a significant importance to gain a deeper undeerstanding Maccas music. In fact I am preparing a book covering this, yet undiscovered matter. The working title is "The long and Apostrophic road"
    This revelatory book is COMING SOON

Arnold Grove likes this.
  25. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Actually I think Im looking more forward to hearing the extras on the archive- releases. I have no doubt the new NEW songs are good but mid-seventies Wings are always mid-seventies Wings .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.