McCartney Album "NEW" (2013) - (pt15)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I suspect that releasing "Alligator" or "Queenie Eye" or whatever other song as the first single would have barely moved the sales needle in one direction or the other.

2. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

OMG Claudio you are ancient!! Do you dye your hair too?
    (;) I am older than you are BTW)

theMess and Claudio Dirani like this.
  3. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

:righton:

theMess likes this.
  4. bocaymon

bocaymon Forum Resident

"NEW"

* SPAIN # 6

No small feat given that I have seen/heard ZERO,and I mean ZERO promotion anywhere (radio airplay, record shops, etc.)!!!!

theMess, Rocco and Claudio Dirani like this.
  5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I don't care about Cher and Miley Cyrus one way or the other, and don't spend my time talking about them or worrying if they're selling more records than my favorite artists. Who cares? She can release Bangerz 2 and sell a bajillion records and I still don't care. No need to drag her in as a scapegoat because our hero Beatle Paul isn't shipping platinum anymore.

The Band, jsayers and pablorkcz like this.
  6. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

Sorry Ron. Count me as one who loves Wildlife and finds New a bit meh. Wildlife got zero play, back in the day. The radio went from Uncle Albert to Mary Had a Little Lamb to My Love and bypassed wildlife. I don't know if hihihi and Give Ireland were banned here but i never heard them on the radio. Anyways I'm rambling as usual but i never even saw a copy of wildlife until the mid 90s of course i was aware of it by then by reputation, which was pretty poor. But i got a wonderful surprise. I love it end to end. The spontaneity really pays off IMHO, it is raw and fresh and totally avoids any mawkish moments (in other words, no granny music). I love it.
    And as an added bonus, the Australian LP is pressed from UK stampers.

Tord and The Band like this.
  7. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.