McCartney and Ringo Grammy bound!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by maccafan, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member Thread Starter

January 13, 2014 -- 104.3 WOMC

The Beatles: Paul & Ringo Grammy Bound

Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr will be on hand for this year's "Grammy Awards", which will recognize the 50th anniversary of The Beatles' first trip to America February 1964. They will receive a "Lifetime Achievement Award" from the Recording Academy on Saturday, January 25th, and will then make an appearance on the "Grammy" telecast the next night, Sunday, January 26th 8pm ET on CBS. January 13, 2014 -- Macca Report News

Grammy rumors...Rumors circulating are that Paul will perform"Cut Me Some Slack" with "Sirvana." The song is Grammy nominated for "Best Rock Song."

Steve Lukather of Toto and The All Starrs band, posted on Facebook that Ringo asked him to perform with him at the Grammys.More rumors...

Paul and Ringo will do something together at the Grammys on January 26th and will be at The Beatles Special - taping in Los Angeles on January 27th. The CBS-TV special will air on Februrary 9th, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Beatles performing on The Ed Sullivan Show. Beatles songs will be performed by a slew of high profile singers, including Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Adele, Bruno Mars, Pink and Katy Perry who will sing the five songs performed by The Beatles on the first 'Ed Sullivan Show'.

theMess likes this.
  2. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Maybe Steve can perform "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", as covered by Toto, with Ringo on drums?

theMess likes this.
  3. maccafan

I sure hope they don't do that awful Cut Me Some Slack song!

They should rock out to Birthday, like they did for Ringo's Birthday!

GV1967 and joelee like this.
  4. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

This scares me beyond words. I'll TiVo and watcha little at a time.

5. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

Am I the only one who is sick of Cut Me Some Slack? I mean.. It was cool the first two times, but it got old quick.. It's really generic sounding lol

6. konajinx

konajinx Forum Resident

Nice to see Tio Ritz is still hanging in there!

7. maccafan

Jordanlolss, I never liked the song in the first place!

Peachy, I'm with you, why don't they get some real rockers to perform those songs?

faboomer likes this.
  8. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

I agree they could have picked better performers.. But Bruno Mars isn't that bad, he's a really good singer

9. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

That's a much better lineup than what I previously saw around here (Alicia Keys, John Legend, and John Mayer).

10. Dukes Travels

Dukes Travels Forum Resident

I'm going to gently weep when Katie Perry and Lady Gaga perform Beatles songs. :shake:

11. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I would love to see Ringo and Paul perform separately (Paul with Sirvana and Ringo with the All-Starrs) and then join together for a song or two.

12. maccafan

Yankee8156, I wouldn't mind John Mayer, that guy knows how to rock!

13. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Peachy, I'm with you, why don't they get some real rockers to perform those songs?[/quote]

Exactly!!!
    How about;
    Black Keys
    Pearl Jam
    Strypes
    john Mellencamp
    Raspberries

14. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I hope Ringo doesn't play on that. He played 1 beat throughout that whole song at RCMH. The other drummer played it the way it is supposed to be. It was embarrassing.

15. dude

dude Senior Member

It was crusty from the start.

16. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Katy Perry performing the Beatles Ed Sullivan songs. You're kidding right, it's too early for April fools, isn't it?

theMess and sixelsix like this.
  17. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Hold on, let me check my watch.....:agree:

theMess likes this.
  18. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Working on the basis of non-lethal doses, eh P ?.

19. FredV

FredV Senior Member

I was at that show, Paul's appearance was a complete surprise to Ringo, he honestly had no idea Paul was going to show up and Paul secretly rehearsed with the band.

Since Ringo didn't know Paul was going to be there, he obviously didn't rehearse the song which he hadn't played in years, so I would cut Ringo some slack. It was an incredible thrill to see the two of them together on stage and it's a fantastic moment I'll never forget and was glad to have experienced.

gates69, JDeanB, Rubber Soul and 6 others like this.
  20. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

It's weird but I just don't get too excited anymore about seeing Paul or Ringo or the possibility of seeing Paul and Ringo perform on a TV show. I've been a Beatles fan since 1964 and appreciate their contributions to music and our culture. I watched Beatlemania happen and watched and heard the band evolve over their career. Their music was the soundtrack to my growing up in the sixties.

JFS3 and Larry Mc like this.
  21. RickStark79

RickStark79 Forum Resident

This could be cool, could be awkward. I think it should go like this:

Show opens with the black stage, sound of the band warming up. Lights come on as the first chords to Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band starts, featuring Paul front and center, Ringo in the back on drums, and a huge all-star band (Not necessarily Ringo's) around them. They smoke through Sgt. Peppers, and then Ringo comes down from his drums to do With A Little Help From My Friends. They return to close the show with All My Loving. I think that would be a cool way to start and finish this one!

LarsO, ptijerm, Tex_Writer and 6 others like this.
  22. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Bingo

23. Sam

Sam Senior Member

You should. They won't be around forever.

24. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

No they won't and it will be a sad day when they are gone and there are no more living members of the group. If you read all of my post I did give the Beatles the credit they deserve. I lived through Beatlemania and have and will always will be a fan. Maybe I'll tune in and watch and go from there.

25. zen

zen Senior Member

Haven't you noticed, it isn't a perfect world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.