McCartney Carpool Karaoke (Late, Late Show w/James Corden, June 21, 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lastdamdown

lastdamdown Forum Resident

This was a classic television moment. When's the last time Paul was that open in sharing vivid memories and details in an interview?

2. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Corden does mention at the very end of the segment, the part recorded with the studio audience, the 2 new songs and the album Egypt Station by name, which he say's coming soon I believe. I can imagine anybody watching that isn't a member of this forum trying to preorder it, thinking it must be coming out in the next week or two only to find out it won't be available till September lol....
    Ah fun segment, can't wait to go to Liverpool myself later this year.

andrewskyDE, Elliottmarx and Zeki like this.
  3. paulewalnutz

paulewalnutz Forum Resident

That was way beyond what I was expecting! Awesome. Had a smile on my face & tears in my eyes. What a segment.

Topaz, BZync, theMess and 13 others like this.
  4. fogalu

fogalu There is only one Beethoven

Was it John or Paul who once said something like: "I can't imagine we'll be singing She Loves You in our thirties!"
    Well, Paul is knocking them dead at 76! I saw him live in 2010 and I'll never forget it!
    I watched this new video three times in a row - with tears!
    My silly comment above (#26) was my way of dealing with it!

theMess, dralan, dartira and 8 others like this.
  5. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Is the pub the same one as the James Paul McCartney Special?

blutiga likes this.
  6. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Excellent Paul!

My cable acted up also... then it was perfect after Paul and commercials.

5th-beatle likes this.
  7. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Ha, look at that shot @ 20:48 with in the background the kids putting their ear to the wall, then trying to look inside.

Dodoz, joeriz and OobuJoobu like this.
  8. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I'm still shocked that the YouTube segment, the one that is 23 minutes long and has, as of now, been viewed well more than 2 million times, fails to mention single availability or Egypt Station. Even a taped-later voice over would help. Seems like a massive mistake.

Corden may have said all of that on his show - but the segment that was designed to go (and has gone) viral doesn't promote a thing.

9. Rose Decatur

Rose Decatur Forum Resident

I watched the segment on YouTube and Corden plugs both songs and Egypt Station at the end when it cuts back to him with the audience. It's the official vid from the Late Late Show channel, the same one with 2 million views.

10. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

The man on the street reaction was intense! I loved it....but then again I've always felt there was a certain magic there:)
    Let It Be got me....the lyrics really did seem more relevant than ever.

BZync likes this.
  11. fogalu

fogalu There is only one Beethoven

Isn't a pleasant change to have such a fantastic video without over-promoting something?

dralan, chacha, angelees and 5 others like this.
  12. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

That was magical, and showed the public's love and respect for this man! He's a treasure!

BZync, dralan, Sammy Banderas and 4 others like this.
  13. PJC68

PJC68 Forum Resident

andrewskyDE, 5th-beatle and Bern like this.
  14. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

It's a convoy of 4 black SUVs in Liverpool driving around for 2 hours. Not hard to notice. He's got his usually 3-4 person security as well.

Nice to see some big artists doing karaoke instead of a useless Fallon interview for their major US late night talk show appearance.

It should also be pointed out that Corden actually named his son "McCartney" and sent Paul a copy of the birth certificate where it shows his middle name.

Sammy Banderas and 905 like this.
  15. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

yeah I cant take corden normally but that was great.....and paul is amazing with the public, waltzing into the penny lane shop like that, love it

BZync, dralan, andrewskyDE and 4 others like this.
  16. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

agree

5th-beatle likes this.
  17. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

Always more of a fan of John and George. Paul always comes off a little hokey, and rehearsed, to me. This segment had a good amount of heart in it, and mainly made me miss John. Corden is kind of meh, in my opinion. I did watch it twice though.

18. poidog

poidog Senior Member

Answering the question,
    "Why are there so many Beatle threads?"

You can see how much they mean to so many people.

19. timind

timind phorum rezident

Funny, my wife was watching it on her tablet so I joined her. She is not a Beatles fan but enjoyed it immensely, as did I. The impromptu performance in the pub was fantastic. Imagine being there for that.

20. dbone828

dbone828 Only Visiting This Planet

Great video, and quite a bit more touching than I was expecting.

I couldn't help but notice as the segment was wrapping up, other than the 1 new song, did they completely ignore his solo/Wings output, only playing Beatles tunes?

Elliottmarx likes this.
  21. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I thought it was going to just be a silly little segment, but it was probably the best anything I've seen with McCartney on TV in a long time. Seriously.

BZync, KaptKopter, theMess and 24 others like this.
  22. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I noticed that most of the locations they visited were ones where they could get in and out pretty quickly if the crowds got too big. The Cavern, without a big security operation, could have been a very different prospect, easy to get blocked in there if the crowd got out of hand. Just a guess anyway....

23. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

I wonder if that's why Aunt Mimi's house wasn't on the itinerary.

24. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

No that was filmed at the Baltic Fleet which is on the Strand overlooking the Mersey.

theMess, somnar and ampmods like this.
  25. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

An additional thought; I suppose this is something only us Beatle peedles would notice but Spector's mix of "Let It Be" was playing in the car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.