New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Fake news, the next official release will be out soon (well a few months later) and it's not a new album but something else, more info later when we have green light.

2. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

At least, Paul could show up and tell us not to wait for anything else...

3. Claudio Dirani

Sadly.

4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I need to make them feel my pain so I will be starting a new internet campaign

MeatLOAD Mondays!!!!!

where you eat as much meat as you possibly can on each and every Monday!!!

5. Perian

Perian Forum Resident

It's pretty strange that he would sell (or give away, whatever) copies of the new album along with concert tickets if he's not even going to release it this year. Also, since he's spending pretty much the entire months of September, October and December away on tour, he won't have much time to finish recording the album this year either. In that case, I wouldn't expect it to be released until April or May next year, at the earliest. Total bummer.

6. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

Looking forward to hearing what the release will be.

Hep Alien likes this.
  7. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I don't want to depress anyone, but if the new album does indeed come out next year, it will be the longest gap between Paul McCartney albums... ever.

8. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

We're a spoiled bunch.

9. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Yeah, that's why I'm not giving up yet, because nobody knows anything either way. But it's funky that he has chosen to do it like this..

10. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

the next remaster maybe ?

We know that Paul was in the middle of his new album in March from this year, so it's possible that the album will be released in the next month

11. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

ahh, the familiar "green light"!!! We must know the same folks!

12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Sadly, not really. Never fully made up. But I do agree that every time that I have talked to Denny, he has had nothing to say but nice things about Paul and Linda

Hep Alien likes this.
  13. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

I've been waiting for years and years for Paul to release 'When The Wind Blows' and this wasn't exactly the way I wanted it to happen...

But late '70's: Back To The Egg is just about my favorite album, so I can't quite agree with you there...

Hep Alien and Shaddam IV like this.
  14. Victor46542

I've got news ! I've decided to ask the guy on wikipedia, who post about the title "In the Universe and Beyond"
    He said he was fool by someone else who post this on the wikipedia page and add it to the discography... I thought it was him who put that on wikipedia

His answer: it's in french:
    "Écoutez, neuf ans ou pas, je me suis fait berner...J'ai vu l'info dans le corps du texte (je n'ai pas remarqué que ce n'était pas sourcé) et je l'ai mis dans la liste discographique sans en vérifier l'exactitude...Une erreur de débutant qui me rougi le teint !!! Mille excuses ! Poirier2000 (discuter) 24 août 2017 à 22:50 (CEST)"

Tord and maccawings like this.
  15. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Ugh, probably just a troll (not Poirier2000, I'm talking about the person who wrote about the "album and single titles")

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  16. Victor46542

The original post was made by someone who just did one modification, this one it was on 27th july ! the guy wasn't logged, so we can say it's fake

17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

So it is NOT a brand-new album. And both you and maccawings also have been going out of your way to say that it is "something else", and NOT an official Archive set. Neither of you have stated that explicitly, but this is how I've interpreted your statements.

I hate to say it, but now I'm thinking it's going to be some new iteration of the Band On The Run album.

Mumbojunk, Hep Alien, Yorick and 3 others like this.
  18. Victor46542

it's: 2A01:CB0C:149:B300:E55F:4BC3:3BF7:5B67

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  19. Claudio Dirani

All this top secret stuff surrounding a simple release (not being a brand new album) looks to be pointless for me.

RAJ717 and paulmccartneyistheman like this.
  20. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

It's very very boring all those people just sharing fake news like this, this is so stupid, childish
    But hey, I knew since the beginning it was fake, I mean, a BIG information like this, leaked on french Wikipedia? Meh
    Case Closed, we should wait for concrete information, a teaser, a real announcement and not just listen to those rumors coming from nowhere.

joeislive likes this.
  21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Actually it has a very valid point. And let's face it, it wouldn't be the first thing they decided not to do prior to an "official announcement"

Yorick and paulmccartneyistheman like this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

It is very silly. But they backed themselves into a corner with the "Comprehensive Plan" idea that was supposed to be announced in July----and wasn't.

23. Claudio Dirani

If you're saying so, I believe. Let's keep it coming :)

Yorick likes this.
  24. Claudio Dirani

I missed that. How did this come about?

25. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

She doesn't look remotely insane in this photo does she.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.