New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Do you love it the same way you love Ringo's new album?

Frank likes this.
  2. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

Speaking of that...I was kind of bored, and went "ah, what the heck?" And decided I'd give the album "Give More Love" a listen. I won't say I was disappointed, because it's just Ringo, but it wasn't my favorite, kind of cringy in places.

I guess I listened to it because Paul won't release his new album

"I'm gonna become primarily a Ringo fan if you don't hurry up, Paul!!!"

3. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I'm not going to listen to a Ringo album and expect it to be like Sgt Pepper or something. If I listen to a Ringo album I pretty much know what I'm gonna get.

4. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Really, and it’s not as if he has set the bar high in recent years..

Calico, Hep Alien and Haristar like this.
  5. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

For a lot of folks you could have stopped right there!:D

susyredstripe and Haristar like this.
  6. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Please don't talk about Ringo's album in this thread dedicated to the wealth of news and information that's flooding in about Paul's new album. My time is very limited and precious and I need to absorb all of this McCartney/Kurstin news as efficiently as possible!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  7. Dr. Pepper

I on the other hand love new Ringo studio albums! There are almost always some tracks that I really enjoy and others that are just fun.

8. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

At least his new album isn't primarily 12 bar blues. At least 6 or 7 songs on "Postcards from Paradise" are 12 bar blues

Hep Alien likes this.
  9. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

When a man buys a Ringo Starr album he knows what to expect.
    He expects a passable collection of vaguely pop influenced MOR tunes and that's just what he gets!

;)

10. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

Oh, but the article doesn't say that, does it? it says Paul will "reveal details" about the album, when the time is right.

;)

warewolf95 and CDC like this.
  11. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Paul will reveal the release date of his album when the time is right. After he has calculated which week will have the lowest album sales to guarantee a No. 1 or still be a relevant enough album to win a category at the 2019 Grammy's.

12. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I believe Paul's album is being delayed once again so it doesn't coincide with Ringo's next album set to be released soon. It's titled 'Ringo 2018' and features Paul on bass for one song and a bunch of All-Starrs on the others. Oh, and the cover will depict Ringo giving the peace sign in front of a white background with 'Ringo 2018' written in red ink on it.

13. It's like when my Aunt Flossie comes to visit. I expect a nice batch of cookies, and family gossip, not a striptease act.

14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

In that case, there is no reason for me to meet your Aunt Flossie. ;)

15. Ringo Hendrix

"Ringo's albums are <<NOT>> like a box of chocolates. You always know what you're gonna get."

Hmm, funny. Doesn't it just sound like some line from a 90s movie? :)

Paulwalrus and Mr. Explorer like this.
  16. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Forrest Starr?
    Good catch...

17. Ringo Hendrix

Maybe... :)
    "Mama says they was ma magic drum sticks".

18. MaccaFanForever

MaccaFanForever Active Member

I agree. I actually think ringos latest album is one of his best in years. Ringos albums are really just to kick back and have some fun and hear some good rock n roll tunes. And if Ritchie can add a peace and love message along then that's the whole package and he's happy. They're really not meant to be anything more. People should stop being so judgemental at Ringo.

19. Dr. Pepper

His new album has a half dozen or so tracks that I enjoy.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  20. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I don t find Ringos albums bad -they are pleasant but for me of none interest to listen to. That s not being judgmental it s just my opinion.

21. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

I still remember back in the early 00s when Ringo was on a roll with Vertical Man and Ringo Rama, and Paul's latest album (Driving Rain) was substandard, and people were actually saying that Ringo's solo career was superior.

To keep this on topic, I sure hope Paul has been listening to songs like "Missouri Loves Company" and "Write One For Me" to inspire his songwriting on the new album.

22. MaccaFanForever

Yes to get back on topic I'm not sure if anyone has posted this here yet but remember when everyone was joking about how if we do get a new paul song this year it will be another Wonderful Christmastime version? Well guess what???

Holidays Rule (Vol. 2) by Various Artists

Calico and Elliottmarx like this.
  23. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Choose Love is pretty good too, imo.

Liverpool 8 I quite enjoyed as well.

24. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

I cannot say I find them even pleasant... I can enjoy a song from time to time. Depending on the song. Some are enjoyable, others basically unlistenable imo. Very similar sounding in any case, bar a couple.

25. MaccaFanForever

I take it Ringo was your favorite Beatle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.