New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I’ve had a few similar offers in the past (Paul Simon in 2016 and John Mellencamp in 2017 - perhaps others I can’t recall).

With each, I purchased via Ticketmaster and there was a follow-up email I received stating I would get the new album when released. The emails had a “register here” button you clicked and entered your mailing info. Then they were mailed out right around release day. Simon’s came with a single copy per pair of tickets; Mellencamp’s actually came with two cds for my two ticket order...

2. Frank

Frank Senior Member

McCartney is the only documented case of one imaginary album per ticket purchase. #Trailblazer

3. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Is there any additional info about release date, content, musicians, album title, anything ?

Since I last checked in many pages back ?

There are so many pages in the thread, but have we learned anything since the first five or ten pages about the new music ?

4. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Nothing known.

5. savemenow

savemenow Forum Resident

I got Bob Dylan's Fallen Angels this way in 2016 for purchasing concert tickets, but the album was already out, although it was his most recent release. Instructions came via email from an outfit called MusicRedemptions

6. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Sounds a lot like my "Pioneer Membership" to Paul's website a few years back. A lot of imaginary benefits. #Comprehensive

Paul H, supermd, Mr. Explorer and 3 others like this.
  7. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Given how many pages we have discussed an imaginary new Macca album I can only imagine what will happen here when it s actually announced and we learn and perhaps hear something of Paul's new stuff. :)

Wild Ram Speedway likes this.
  8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Worthy of Yoko! ;)

ajsmith likes this.
  9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Fingers Crossed" McCartney said, could be title

10. Rojo

Rojo Forum Resident

So McCartney sold about 250,000 copies of "New" while the Stones sold about 2 million copies of "Blue & Lonesome" -- That's 8-to-1.

I'm pretty sure the figures were far more balanced in the 1970s and 1980s, so clearly Paul has lost a significant share of his audience.

I'm assuming sales of Rolling Stones records like B&L are not targeted on the young audience either.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. Rojo

Rojo Forum Resident

We're not discussing these things in these thread... ;)

12. Arnold Grove

The 250,000 copies sold of Paul's NEW album are just USA sales. Not sure of the worldwide numbers.

The supposed 2 million copies of the Stones album are Worldwide sales---but that album has NOT been certified as gold in the USA (which would be 500,000 copies).

13. Seems to remember that in Italy "New" was about 30000/35000 copies...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. Rojo

Rojo Forum Resident

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I was truly surprised at the huge gap in the numbers.

So, there is no such huge gap after all, which actually makes sense.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Nothing NEW?:)

Hep Alien likes this.
  16. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

That was also the Stones first new album in 12 years. And being blues covers, that's going to appeal to general blues fans as well. Stones fans were clamoring for something new from the band because it had been forever.... Whereas Paul has more frequent releases in a variety of genres + solo re-releases and Beatles news and re-issues between his solo projects, so for the public Paul never really "goes away," in a sense. Whereas the Stones were off the radar for a long time, in terms of studio recordings especially, but out of it for a while in touring, too.

I hope Paul announces a new album by March and we get it in May or June!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    ajsmith, Hep Alien and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  17. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I hope Paul announce a new album tomorrow and it will be released next week.:)

ajsmith, supermd, Hep Alien and 6 others like this.
  18. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

A "surprise" album from Macca with just a few days notice would be cool and something, to my knowledge at least, he has never done.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I would say that according to his last interviews that he'd be working on the album in January and that there have been a string of news items placing him in LA, I think it's safe to say he is in LA working on the album......the million dollar question........how far along are we in the process???

20. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

It's been so long, NEW is old.

21. Arnold Grove

And have you traveled very far?;
    Far as the eye can see...

;)

22. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I go back so far, I'm in front of me

23. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

...or another Fireman album.

angelees likes this.
  24. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Regarding the sales of "New"... as far as I know Paul is the most successful musician in the world. He doesn't need another big album. He does it out of love.

25. The farther one travels, the less one knows...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.